PDA

View Full Version : parachute packer 'b'

waeco
14th Nov 2012, 21:05
Hi can anyone tell me how to obtain a parachute packer 'B' cert as to be eligible to work as ground crew for parachute ops.Thanks :)

essexlad
14th Nov 2012, 21:45
Have you tried google? If your in the USA i came acros a website that offers intensive courses to get you licensed to pack parachutes, and even further courses to get your master rigger quals. I work with parachutes on a fairly regilar basis but seeing as im military i dont need the license unless i want to go to covvy street to so it

kalavo
14th Nov 2012, 22:40
Err why would you travel half way around to the US when you can get the qualifications in Aus, and the qualifications you get overseas aren't automatically valid here?

Waeco have you done any packing before?

You have to be a member of the APF, over 18, have the recommendation of a Chief Instructor or Rigger and pass a couple of exams.

You can be issued a packer rating by either a Rigger Examiner or a Chief Instructor who holds at least a Packer 'B' rating. Go to your local drop zone (the bigger the better) and start chatting to them.

Lancair70
15th Nov 2012, 01:54
Yep, any drop zone that does a lot of tandems or students will be only too happy to teach you to pack. Its not rocket surgery.

the_rookie
15th Nov 2012, 03:39
rocket surgery? :}

NzCaptainAndrew
15th Nov 2012, 04:36
Go to a dropzone in Aus - learn how to pack. Easy as that. Get your Packer A n B. most dropzones are always in need of part-time packers especially east coast in aus.

iskra13
15th Nov 2012, 06:11
Its not brain science.

Skydiveandy
15th Nov 2012, 09:20
What area do you live in.. I may be able to recommend some drop zones and riggers.

Andrew

Also, I have to ask, if you are not already on a DZ, what gave you the idea to become a packer B ???

waeco
16th Nov 2012, 04:58
Hi Andy, Im from the central coast NSW, I'm mid way through CPLA and looking to gain some general experience and exposure to para ops.

sprocket check
16th Nov 2012, 07:21
PM me your details and I will get someone to call you.

sc