PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions about the Aer Lingus and Lufthansa cadetship schemes?

Coliandro
14th Nov 2012, 18:47
Hello,
1 - Do you know if among the 20 cadets selected last year by Aer Lingus, there is some non-Irish and/or not resident in Ireland?

2 - The website of the Lufthansa cadetship scheme is only in German...do you know if fluent German (I'm currently B1) is an absolute requirement to participate?

Thanks a lot

Rithalic
14th Nov 2012, 21:08
1. Yes
2. No idea.

what next
15th Nov 2012, 09:59
Here is the link to the Lufthansa site for pilot training:
http://www.lufthansa-pilot.de/

"Fluent in german and english language" it says somewhere.

B77L
15th Nov 2012, 18:05
2) Absolutely sure. As for Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings, Austrian, Condor, Air Berlin, Swiss etc. It's clearly specified in their requirements list.

PH-Chucky
19th Nov 2012, 22:18
2) You need a "B2-certificate" as a proof that you can speak/read/write German. You can follow lessons for instance at the "Goethe-institut" with exams.

Deutsch lernen, Kultur erleben - Goethe-Institut (http://www.goethe.de/)

But simply write an email to Lufthansa. They are willing to assist you in answering your questions. And yes, just write the email in English and explain that you are improving your German...

Good luck! Lufthansa-scheme is probably the best training with lowest financial risks in the world and one of the best job opportunities...! It's worth all the effort.

Pittslover
19th Nov 2012, 23:14
The only problem is they are not training next year and have a lot of people who passed the assestment waiting to start the training. Rumors are going that the program might be closed altogether due to the "score" restructuring program. Sorry for bringing the bad news :rolleyes:

Coliandro
20th Nov 2012, 16:43
Unfortunately my German is still B1, but I'm trying to improve it day-by-day...and I live in Germany.

Coliandro
25th Nov 2012, 11:30
Another question, please...is it true what I read "somewhere", that cadets chosen for the AL program have to pay only 25K Euros for the integrated training (AL pays the remaining 75K Euros)?
If it's true...wow, very good deal...:ok:

AlexanderH
26th Nov 2012, 19:59
B2 needed for German speaking firms.