PDA

View Full Version : EK 1/2 yearly profit number.. Let the bonus chatter begin

fliion
12th Nov 2012, 07:03
So we made 2.1bn dhs in the 1st half and the yearly target is 3.5.

Traditionally the 2nd half is better than the 1st.

Get ready for the tea and coffee being brought up with the usual " so do you think it's going to be 8 or 10 weeks"

Not sure what the whole wash-up message coming down was -" we're not making any money"

Liked the last line in the email. "...rich rewards..."

f.

oz in dxb
12th Nov 2012, 07:16
Just remember we mortals don't get a bonus, only a share of the profit after the big wigs get their bonus.

motojet
12th Nov 2012, 07:47
I was talking to the boyfriend of the wife of a V.P. and the word is 24 weeks profit share to make up for the lack of a profit share last year. Also a voucher
for 50dhm's worth of shwarmas.

fringhtok
12th Nov 2012, 08:00
50dhm worth of shwarmas? Inshallah. That sounds way, way too good to be true........ :)

Dropp the Pilot
12th Nov 2012, 09:49
The greater part of the money earned in the first quarter will be in the form of penalty payments sent from Airbus to Emirates as the excrescence known as the A380 shows it's sad ineptitude. You can rest assured that Airbus is paying cash to compensate for overweight, underperformance, dispatch reliablity, late deliveries, wing repairs and excessive fuel burn. Should these ever be repaired (unlikely) Emirates will return to "normal" profit margins underpinned by properly designed and executed, fuel efficient and reliable airplanes like the 777.

No one is holding their breath for that development. Roll on the incompetent EADS cash-cow. I will be happy to take the profit-share no matter whose failings produce it.

The Turtle
12th Nov 2012, 11:19
Fasten Seat Belt sign: On

Its about to get bumpy

break dancer
12th Nov 2012, 13:27
I'm guessing about 67% of last year....

givemewings
12th Nov 2012, 15:18
Seems to me Dropp has a real dislike of Airbus/A380, I wonder why???

Let's see if in Jan/Feb some unforseen issue comes up, reducing the 'profit share' payment.... Can't see it being a huge record 'bonus' after nothing last year... small but respectable, probably. Can't possibly pay less than the Airline that Shall Not Be Named two years running, now, can they? :E

Jet II
13th Nov 2012, 03:24
Dispatch reliability has been better than any other newly introduced aircraft to service.

It has? - who told you that?

FFFrentit
13th Nov 2012, 06:17
Well done Dropp! :D:D:D

Looks like the FISH took the bait!

FFFrentit
14th Nov 2012, 05:39
If I want a junior Yarpies input, I will ask for it.

What's a "Yarpies" maaaaaate?