PDA

View Full Version : Tailwheel in NSW

alpha_papa_lima
12th Nov 2012, 04:58
Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a C180/185 for hire in Sydney or somewhere in NSW? I'm looking to build more experience on tailwheel aircraft and am interested in doing it on something different than your standard Citabria. Also, if anyone owns any kind of tailwheel aeroplane and would be prepared to take me up and show me a thing or too then feel free!

Post or PM me if you can help out.

Cheers!
APL

truthinbeer
12th Nov 2012, 05:08
Talk to Curtis Aviation.

Trojan1981
12th Nov 2012, 07:43
They won't let you solo in the 180 though. You'll have Jim sitting next to you if you want to fly it.

Flying Binghi
12th Nov 2012, 09:50

via alpha_papa_lima;
...take me up and show me a thing or two then feel free!

....:suspect: .........:hmm: ..................show ya a thing or two eh..:E

alpha_papa_lima, is there something wrong with the "standard Citabria" ? For a standard aircraft them Citabria's is fairly handy fer doing circle work and power slides either on the ground or in the air - beat one of them heavy tank gear folding 185's hands down..:)

alpha_papa_lima
12th Nov 2012, 11:31
Oh nothing wrong with a Citabria. Also nothing wrong with trying out another aeroplane I'd hope.

VH-BCY
13th Nov 2012, 08:29
You will find it hard to solo hire any VH registered tailwheel aircraft in the country due to insurance reasons unless you have plenty of experience, which I assume you haven't since you are asking this type of question. Have you considered a recreational RA-Aus license? Only takes 5 hours and there are plenty of tailwheel types available for hire and much cheaper. Not as hard to land as VH registered types but still same principals apply. If you can master landing recreational tailwheel types, its guaranteed to help when moving onto heavier metal. I can rent you a Tailwheel Drifter if you are interested. PM for details :ok: