PDA

View Full Version : Ferry flight pilot wanted

Dennis Kenyon
11th Nov 2012, 10:39
Hi guys ... I have a requirement for an Enstrom 280C Shark to be ferried from Minaya Airfield in Spain to a suitable Northampton Airfield and looking for something in November. I'd suggest two crew. About 12-15 hours flying involved and looking for an Enstrom type experienced pilot. Please e-mail DK at: [email protected] and include your outline costings. Thanks.. Dennis K.

Savoia
13th Nov 2012, 05:49
Denissimo .. have you received any responses to this request?

Seems like an ideal opportunity for someone to participate in an interesting ferry.

Dennis Kenyon
13th Nov 2012, 19:48
Hi Savoia ... yes, a few responses but the difficulty is reasonable type experience since as you know the Enstrom turbo model can sometimes need oodles of type knowledge for hot starts. I can't risk a flat battery or a failed starter motor half way up France which would mean a road collection as the ARC expires on the 20th November. I'm in touch with a highly experienced Enstrom FI who is taking an Enstrom FX to Dublin for me this week and the plan is I may decide to join him in Madrid to get the job done. Still got all the balls in the air at present. So what's new in aviation! Bye for now Enrico. DRK

206Fan
13th Nov 2012, 22:14
Enstrom FX to DublinOut of curiosity Dennis, is the Enstrom going to a Flight School or Private Owner?

Dennis Kenyon
14th Nov 2012, 21:05
The collection is on and I'm off with Squeezy for Madrid on Friday lunch time. Planned departure Minaya Sunday for a Monday Shoreham arrival. LR Wx looks quite reasonable.

The heli is a part-exchange against an MD 500 which I plan to keep for a while before selling and I have a nifty notion to fit her up with fireworks and offer a programme of night displays for 2013 ... a la Roger Buis across the pond. For those interested, dial up 'OTTO Helicopter and once in the site, log on to 'night display' Now if that isn't the most exciting rotary display you've ever seen, I'll donate tuppence to Battersea DH.

zoKpS03Ukq4

Best wishes to all pruners. DRK

Dennis Kenyon
14th Nov 2012, 21:10
The Dublin bound FX is scheduled for a private owner already up to a dozen hours but to complete the licence in his home Eire ... Weston probably. I believe most Enstroms have left the country so it will be interesting to see how N180CH fares in the Emerald Isle. DRK

sshelo1
15th Nov 2012, 02:25
Now that was a cool night display! Should team up with Matt Younkin of Welcome to Younkin Airshows (http://www.younkinair.com) and do a giant night flight extravaganza!!!

I2Ge3Q322Fg

:ok:

Savoia
15th Nov 2012, 12:09
Have a good trip.

Capn Notarious
16th Nov 2012, 07:52
May there be

A digital camera on board.
Good weather.
Lots of interest for us readers.

rb105
17th Nov 2012, 08:19
look at that

b6cOHzIoA6Q

md 600 driver
17th Nov 2012, 10:07
Dennis is that fx my old ship gosab I heard that it was to go to Ireland on the n reg
Steve

timprice
18th Nov 2012, 10:23
It use to be G-SOPP formly G-OSAB you are correct.

Tim:D

md 600 driver
18th Nov 2012, 11:13
Thanks Tim did you fly her there ?
If so was she flying ok I did a lot of time in her when I bought her from southernair 400 ish hours from new what she done now

timprice
18th Nov 2012, 17:13
No, the chap who bought her got Andrew to fly her back to Southern Ireland just South of Newry.
Tim

206Fan
18th Nov 2012, 17:48
South of NewryI might see it gracing the sky's around here then which would be nice. All I look at these days is the Police ships!

lvflyer
18th Jul 2013, 20:30
Dennis, I'm trying to justify owning a 1977 280C here in the states. Your night display in this thread makes me wonder if that is another opportunity. What is the cost to set up for a display like that and do the promoters pay for it? I'm not interested in making any profit just can't afford to come out of pocket and would like to do some things that will pay for the upkeep or at least a big part of it. I already have a Mooney that sits in the hangar because I no longer have a need for cross country. You can only buy so many $100 hamburgers. If you would, can you look at this thread and comment on my questions page 18, lvflyer. http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/190595-enstrom-corner-new-post.html