PDA

View Full Version : Examiner Refresher Seminars

VB
11th Nov 2012, 06:04
I have got to revalidate my CRE/IRR next year and see that I now have to attend a seminar first. Does anybody know where and when these are held?. I emailed the CAA and asked the question, as usual got no reply !

S-Works
11th Nov 2012, 06:40
Ontrack Aviation at Wellesbourne. They will be running them as a tag on to the excellent FI seminars they run.

If you went to the last CAA examiner event a couple of weeks ago that also counts. They are not doing them anymore which is a shame as I always thought they were very useful.

justmaybe
11th Nov 2012, 09:09
Does the CAA on-line briefing and certificate count as the rquired 'SEMINAR'? (https://events-emea1.adobeconnect.com/content/connect/c1/1046090438/en/events/catalog.html?folder-id=1046090446)

S-Works
11th Nov 2012, 09:18
Nope! Good try though!

2FoxtrotEcho
13th Nov 2012, 21:07
My FE(PPL) Expired Yesterday the 12th and we were uncertain as to whether or not any one was running the refresher seminars already ontrack only seem to be doing the FI ones in february is any one running them sooner?

Whopity
13th Nov 2012, 21:32
It is unlikely that anyone is running them yet as the CAA has not had time to approve anyone. If you have completed your observed test with an FIE, put your application in and at best they will reissue your Authority, at worst you will have to wait till February. A new application form appeared last week but within a day the old form (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1128.pdf)had reappeared.

giloc
14th Nov 2012, 08:16
There's an exemption in place at the moment such that if you renew/revalidate by 16th November, you don't have to attend the examiner seminar. Just a couple of days left!

See IN-2012/136

g

BillieBob
22nd Nov 2012, 16:42
I see the take-up for running examiner seminars has been so poor that the CAA are being forced to do it themselves. Hardly surprising, given the ridiculous approval fees, that only two or three prospective providers have so far applied.

Treadstone1
22nd Nov 2012, 18:57
Where did that snippet come from BillieBob?

StrateandLevel
22nd Nov 2012, 19:14
It has now become apparent that when you apply to renew your examiner Authority, now a Certificate, this triggers a licensing action which also requires the applicant to apply for an EASA licence conversion. This has come as a nasty surprise to those who followed the advise on the CAA website about 12 months ago and converted their UK licences to JAA licences. They are now faced with a second replacement fee due to the incompetence of the CAA.

BillieBob
23rd Nov 2012, 09:08
E-mail from the AuthorityIN-2012/192: TRE/SFE Aeroplanes Examiner Refresher Seminars
This IN is to advise TRE/SFE Aeroplane Examiners of Examiner Refresher Seminars that are being run by the CAA on 30 November 2012 and 20 December 2012
Spookily, it has just disappeared from the CAA website. Perhaps they couldn't afford their own approval fees after all - or perhaps it's yet another one they got wrong and are having to re-issue :}

wobblyprop
23rd Nov 2012, 19:37
This renewing lark is getting expensive. The disappeared TRE/SFE notice mentioned £400

Is it worth it?

Are there any FE examiner seminars yet?

Linda Mollison
24th Nov 2012, 09:51
Wobblyprop asks 'Are there any FE examiner seminars yet?'

There would be if the CAA were a bit more efficient.

I am aware of someone who put in an application on the 27th August to run Examiner Refresher Seminars and (even after two e-mails enquiring on progress) has still not heard anything.

So there are no Refresher Examiner Seminars available as far as I know. What happens an examiner's rating expires? Does it just lapse, or will the CAA allow that person a dispensation?

Linda Mollison

BillieBob
25th Nov 2012, 09:08
The IN is back so it looks as though it was just another piece of CAA policy that was not properly thought through in the first instance.

I particularly like the bit that says details of industry run courses can be found "in the national aviation press" - rather an abrogation of responsibility considering that, according to AMC1 FCL.1015, the ATOs are "acting under the management system of the competent authority". Whatever happened to Standards Document 31?

t-bag
26th Nov 2012, 09:03
Iago flight training have an approval.

Cows getting bigger
26th Nov 2012, 11:01
From the IAGO website:

Course Prerequisites

You must:
be a TRE holder

Hmmm, not much use to the average PPL examiner and I suspect the price will be eye-watering.

BEagle
26th Nov 2012, 15:04
OnTrack Aviation Ltd, based at Wellesbourne Mountford, will be offering FE seminars in 2013 according to their website.

lady in red
27th Nov 2012, 17:33
Pooleys Flying Instructor School have also applied to run FE PPL seminars and hope to get approval before February!

justmaybe
27th Nov 2012, 19:34
Whoopee!! We are all just so pleased that lots FTOs/ATOs are being approved! But to deliver what? and at what price? Judging by the core content of the seminars it is just unbelieveable that this sort of stuff could not be delivered on-line or in CBT format by the CAA. This is just more EASA nonsense with no real quantifiable safety benefit, nor indeed any added-value to GA. Okay, maybe I have got this wrong, so please someone tell me about all the good bits.

BigEndBob
27th Nov 2012, 20:37
So what will a seminar provide thats not already covered by the flight with the FE examiner.

S-Works
28th Nov 2012, 07:12
Nothing. Ontrack are going to tag them onto FI seminars for a small strange fee rather than reaming us for a full pointless seminar.

Whopity
28th Nov 2012, 20:16
I think you mean they are to be held in the same week as FI Seminars, otherwise they are not connected.

S-Works
28th Nov 2012, 21:00
That is a new level of pedantry for you Whopity.....

Alan has told me they will be doing them as an additional day at the end of FI seminars. The idea being that if we are there for the FI seminar then we can sty the extra day for the Examiner seminar. So whenever an FI seminar is run there will be an extra day at the end for examiners. You book on the whole thing, the FI or just the Examiner to suit.

Whopity
28th Nov 2012, 23:17
rather than reaming us for a full pointless seminar.Your comment not mine! The approval will only be granted for the full pointless amount required, nothing more, nothing less.

loosedoc
19th Jan 2013, 08:17
the whole EASA item has become the nightmare that could have been forecast. the only beneficiaries seem to be the beauocratic agencies. the performance of the CAA as it affects the ground troops has been poor-there may be many reasons for this but we are the ones who are doing the paying.
i am an AME as well as a FE- there is no-one to speak for our disciplines- the AME associations do not wish to become "political". AOPA - of which i am a member can only speak for the members.

who speaks for the FI/FE community?