PDA

View Full Version : PA28 syndicate in Aberdeen area

ABZ777
10th Nov 2012, 23:59
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any information on any PA28 syndicates at all based at Aberdeen airport? I currently fly from Dundee and I'm getting fed up driving the 120 mile round trip to fly. Fuel costs are expensive and an hour's flying can literally take up the best part of a whole day by the time I have driven down, sat around for the weather to change, flown and then driven home again.

I'd love to fly from Aberdeen airport and have been in touch with Cabro aviation regarding their PA28 in order to familiarise myself with the inbound/outbound and local control zone procedures, but wondering if there are any other PA28s available as either a syndicate/share or for hire.

Slopey
11th Nov 2012, 03:00
We have spaces in a C172 syndicate based at Aberdeen if that would be of interest? One of our syndicate members is an instructor at Cabro also.

ABZ777
14th Nov 2012, 21:35
Thanks for your reply. I've sent you a PM :-)

kui2324
17th Nov 2012, 13:17
As Slopey says they have shares in their 172, I believe the other shared 172 also has shares. The only PA28 is owned by Cabro and is available to hire - along with a (second arriving soon) 152 and a 172.

kui

piperboy84
17th Nov 2012, 15:24
While I have you Aberdonian punters attention, I notice there are several airstrips in your area, Hatton, Whiterashes, and a grass strip just West of Peterhead and was wondering which one would be my best choice for just flying in, landing, having a smoke and a piss then heading back out again? Are some/all strictly PPR/private and/or for microlights/gliders/club aircraft only etc, ?