PDA

View Full Version : Are Easyjet dropping STN-BCN?

25F
10th Nov 2012, 11:54
We fly to BCN fairly often. STN is usually the most convenient departure point. But when booking our latest trip it seems that EZY are now dropping the route from January onwards. Is that right, and if so why? As I recall there used to be a fair number of EZY flights on this route but there are fewer now. Have they increased the number out of LGW to compensate?

Is this anything to do with RYR operating the same route?

I try to avoid flying with RYR if at all possible...

wowzz
10th Nov 2012, 12:10
As has been discussed on the EZY thread, EZY are dropping a number of popular routes from STN, including ALC from mid-June.
Your best bet, depending on where you live, is to use EZY from Southend - looking at the fares, the lead in return price is around £32, before the add ons.

25F
12th Nov 2012, 01:17
Thanks - where's the "EZY thread"? Maybe I'm being thick but I haven't spotted it.

For us, Southend is about the same (train) travel time as Gatwick, although it might be possible to allow less time for dealing with check-in and security farce.

DaveReidUK
12th Nov 2012, 08:39
Thanks - where's the "EZY thread"? Maybe I'm being thick but I haven't spotted it.

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/370654-easyjet-4-a.html

25F
12th Nov 2012, 11:03
Thanks. I'd always assumed that that forum was for crew.

Anyway, it's a shame. Stansted is 30 minutes by train; everywhere else is more like 150. Ryanair do fly the route but apart from the fact that I try to avoid them if at all possible [1] the departure and arrival times are completely incompatible with small children.

I guess we'll be giving Sarfend a whirl next year some time.

[1] with the possible exception of small Mediterranean airports where nobody gives a stuff about your carry-on being more than 20cm wide.