PDA

View Full Version : AFPS75 - PAS Pension question

JliderPilot
9th Nov 2012, 17:34
There seems to be a large difference between the online pension calculator and my latest SPVA pension forecast (dated Aug 2012). I have 23 yrs in the RAF, on PAS @ Lvl 23 leaving under PVR this month; but have served only the last 3 yrs on PAS. I know to get the full benefit of PAS you have to complete 5 Yrs on it but i'm sure i have seen somewhere that those who do not complete 5 yrs get treated as Spec Aircrew...or something like that. In simple terms for me to understand, i would expect to get less than a 5 yrs PAS guy but more than a Lvl 9 Flt Lt.

So questions i need help with please:

1. Is the online calculator that inaccurate...really?
2. Those who have left recently under AFPS75, was the pension you actually got roughly the same as the SPVA forecast. And / or was it quite a bit less than the Online calculator?

I have joined the Pension society just in case i need their help.

Figures below

IP - 17816 online, SVPA 16649
TG - 53448 online, SVPA 49947
Max Resettle Commutation - 29694 online, SVPA 18974
Abated Pension - 13896 online, SVPA 14143

:*

Lima Juliet
9th Nov 2012, 19:29
I got more in reality than the online calculator predicted - about another £500pa and £1500 lump sum... :ok:

vascodegama
9th Nov 2012, 19:51
Not really my area but don't you need to have been Spec Aircrew to gain the benefits.
I think that the reversion referred to was for those of us who transferred.

Mind you you can't rely on the system to tell the truth

Jambo Jet
10th Nov 2012, 07:43
I left on PVR in my second year as PAS in 2008. because I hadn't done the 5 years I was treated as a level 9 Flt Lt who had served 17 years 3 months. The pension I got was less than a Flt Lt retiring at his IPP because I PVRed. Sorry mate but thems the rules.

Voxpop
13th Nov 2012, 07:02
The position set out above is what we understand to be the correct position for AFPS 75 members.

If you do not give the 5 yr ROS the non-PAS pension is awarded.

JliderPilot
13th Dec 2012, 21:43
Glad to say that the online calculator was spot on in my case, I don't understand how an official forecast in August was so far out. Just over 3 months before I was due to leave and it was out by quite a bit.