PDA

View Full Version : JAR CPL in Australia

FlyingForFun
12th Apr 2002, 14:11
Hi!

I'm sure I've read about fellow PPRuNers doing the JAR CPL flying in Australia... but I've searched the CAA list of recognised schools, and there are none in Australia. Also searched this forum, but couldn't find anything. Did I imagine it? Is it possible?

Just to clarify exactly what I'd like to do: I'm currently doing a distance learning course for the ATPL theory exams. Once I've passed all the exams, I'd like to look into the possibility of doing the CPL in Australia.

Any help appreciated!

FFF
-----------

Gunner B12
12th Apr 2002, 14:40
FFF

I think I've seen something along these lines but I am fairly sure that at the moment there is no chance of doing any JAR courses in Oz. I was looking into it for a friends son however we did find out that Airline Pilot was a good scorer on the points system for emigration. If it wasn't for the fact that Ansett has just gone bust leaving a glut of pilots seeking gainful employment I would say go for it.

It may be worth a lot more research before looking south though as I don't know the future trends.

:(

FlyingForFun
12th Apr 2002, 14:54
Thanks Gunner, that's what I was afraid of.

Not really interested in getting an Australian license and working there - just wanted to combine the CPL with a holiday. Never mind.

FFF
---------------

MAX
12th Apr 2002, 17:16
Airline Pilot would probably score zero (0) about now, as Australia clearly doesnt need any.

Check this out for Bae.
http://www.aac.com.au/baefta-a/training/courses/australiancourse.htm

MAX:cool:

redsnail
12th Apr 2002, 19:43
Bae in Adelaide used to be CAA compliant however they are not JAR compliant. Bae now have Jerez.

FlyingForFun
12th Apr 2002, 20:30
Thanks Reddo.

I was sure I'd heard of Brits doing their CPL in Oz - that must be what I was thinking of. Shame they're not JAR compliant.

FFF
-------------