PDA

View Full Version : Jabiru Forced Ldg Serpentine Dam - WA

Ex FSO GRIFFO
9th Nov 2012, 01:19
Reported on Perth radio 6PR & courtesy of Ch 7 news chopper....

A light aircraft which appears to be a Jabiru type has made a successful forced landing at Serpentine dam, WA, SW of Perth.
Pilot has been picked up by the 'Rescue' helicopter and from the description, appears to be OK.
Comment made was the 'luckily the water level is so low, thus allowing the pilot to effect a landing on the exposed flanks which would otherwise be covered by water'....

More on the news tonight (?)

FokkerInYour12
9th Nov 2012, 01:39
http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/121109/crash_189oqdi-189oqdj.jpg

Ex FSO GRIFFO
9th Nov 2012, 01:46
Good shot Mr Fokker!!

What did you shoot that from??

:ok:

Ultralights
9th Nov 2012, 01:58
looks like a good result to a forced landing...

Horatio Leafblower
9th Nov 2012, 02:33
One less Jabiru = good result! :ok:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
9th Nov 2012, 02:50
And...I'l bet he had the brakes weeelll and trooly 'on' as he approached that stump....

Yep! Good result.
:D

VH-XXX
9th Nov 2012, 03:19
One less Jabiru = good result!

Don't laugh HLB, your wish of ALL Jabirus being grounded might come true soon next week (along with ALL RA-Aus aircraft) if we can believe what has been circulating the internet elsewhere today and from what I've heard directly, it's a very real possibility!

Elfatness
9th Nov 2012, 03:28
don't mean to hijack the thread but whats this about all RA aircraft being grounded next week?

vfive
9th Nov 2012, 03:40
Does anyone know what the call-sign was or where this aircraft was from?

Also a fantastic outcome considering how few places there are to put down safely around that area. It's trees trees trees rocks trees trees trees out that way.

Clare Prop
9th Nov 2012, 03:48
Beware, journos prowling around at Jandakot.

Student just gave me some good advice, if a journo wants some information you may as well just give them a Mickey Mouse comic and tell them that everything they need to know is in there.

Horatio Leafblower
9th Nov 2012, 04:02
Hiya XXX,

I don't REALLY want to ground all Jabirus, I just never wish to fly one again. Happily, my wish can come true without the rumoured impending disaster.

I DO wonder what is looming though, Interesting times :uhoh:

jas24zzk
9th Nov 2012, 11:54
I don't REALLY want to ground all Jabirus, I just never wish to fly one again.

Luckily,
no-one has ever convinced me to go flying in one. I did try one out for size, and still didn't like it....all the mod MFD's and shiny bits didn't help.
It has come a long way over the years, but I can't bring myself to fly one.

Kudo's to the pilot of this one for keeping his A intact :ok: