PDA

View Full Version : Europe American aviation/Skystead

andy_84
8th Nov 2012, 12:34
Hi,
Does anyone have recent experience with EAA/Skystead and their JAA training courses in Naples?

BAe 146-100
8th Nov 2012, 13:40
As far as I am aware EAA do not offer JAA/EASA training as such - you will have to convert the FAA tickets elsewhere, however for FAA training they have an excellent reputation and a very modern fleet.

danny_andersen
12th Nov 2012, 17:09
I have trained there - Excellent place!
Instructors are very skilled (some with more than 3000 hours). The price they quote you is pretty much what you'll end up paying. The fleet consist of 1DA20, 3/4 DA40 FP, 2/FA40 CS, 1 DA40XL and 2 DA42 Twinstars and a full DA42 simulator.
I know that not all agree with me, but I like to fly in US. It is much more busy airspace at least compared to my country. And you can do approaches into airports like Miami International / JFK. In my country you cant land at the busy airports.

20Lflyer
28th Nov 2012, 19:46
Hi Andy-84,

I've just stumbled across this thread. I've trained with Europe American over the last few years where I did my FAA ME CPL/IR. I couldn't recommend them highly enough - professionally run outfit with the latest equipment (Diamond a/c with G1000). Plus Naples is a fantastic airport to be based out of with easy access to alot of major airports and airspace.
They do run a JAA / FAA course called Cleared Direct - all the details are on their website and it looks like it places you quite well for future job applications (JAA & FAA licences plus good xc time / IR time etc, etc).
Drop me a PM if you want anymore info.

20lflyer