PDA

View Full Version : Career break for flight training?

speedy688
12th Apr 2002, 09:23
Currently working in the IT industry and thinking of going the distance learning route and then on to flight training afterwards. Just wondering if anyone has ever taken a career break to do flight training. Would make sense if you could as then there would be a guaranteed job at the end to start paying off the debt, in the event of no flying job straight after qualifying. Has it been done before (with or without the employer knowing
the real reason for the time off)?

RowleyUK
12th Apr 2002, 10:07
Alright Speedy,

My career break starts today in 1 hr approx!!:eek:
Full time study starts on Monday!:eek:

I got my career break fairly easy but there are a few good and bad terms like

[list=1]
Dont have to employ me when my course finishes
If there are no suitable jobs for me when i get back....they pay me a months wages compo!
I still get my bonuses and company benefits whilst im away
NO PAY!
Can have upto 2 years
[/list=1]

Yeah I told them the real reason i was going and they didnt really mind (They showed the usual interest-how much?How Long does it take?Whats it like? Why do i wanna do it? Whats my girlfriend like in bed! :eek: )

Its a safety net for me....although, if you get a Professional studies loan from HSBC then you will get quite a while where you dont have to pay anything back!

Hope this helps

speedy688
12th Apr 2002, 10:17
Thanks for the info Rowley. Out of interest, where are you doing your training?

RowleyUK
12th Apr 2002, 10:19
Whats your Email?

If i post it on here everyone will know who i am!:D
Anonymity:p

speedy688
12th Apr 2002, 10:22
I use a temporary address - [email protected]

RowleyUK
12th Apr 2002, 10:51
check your mail

Dutchie
12th Apr 2002, 19:07
Hi Morning Glory,

Dont forget to start looking at a good MCC sooner rather than latter as that is required by a number of them.

Goodluck