PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help please!

burners
6th Nov 2012, 19:26
I am a serving ME Pilot who may soon be leaving the RAF due to an injury (not sustained at work or linked to the RAF in any way). This injury is the subject of a court case for which I am I am trying to gain some supporting evidence. This is where I am asking for help.
My solicitors have asked me if I can name any former RAF ME Pilots who have left the RAF to go on to civil flying having gained their ATPL whilst in the RAF utilising military dispensations, and preferably with an IRT taken on a military type. This is to help identify this as a natural career path, and show that licenses can be gained more readily whilst a current military pilot.
Whilst I know various people who have gone to the airlines, I do not have contact details for any, and many were back during my first tour when the airlines were recruiting heavily. This is now some 6 years ago so somewhat out of date.
If you fit the above or know someone who does would you mind sending me a PM. I know its a ain in the a**e, but i cant overstress how much I would appreciate any help.

NB- Am posting this in mil as I imagine ex serving tend to keep an eye in here, and dont want to be a pain posting the same thing all over the place.
Thanks in anticipation........

BEagle
6th Nov 2012, 19:53
Burners, up until April this year, the military accreditation credits for experienced ME pilots of aircraft such as the C-130, VC10, TriStar were pretty sensible, thanks to a lot of work by the former MoD/CAA working group. However, since then the woefully inadequate 'Part-O' has swept all previous credits away..... There's no credit from any exams or skill tests these days - that's all been binned thanks to the policy of 22Gp.

See CAP 804 Section 4 Part O....and weep. Then put your solicitors in touch with 22TrgGp-FT FJ1 [email protected] and ask them why (to quote a knowedgeable source): the previous UK military accreditation scheme could have been acceptable under Part-FCL subject to a satisfactory credit report being provided to EASA. However, it was the conclusion of 22 Group that, having looked at the original accreditation scheme, it would not be possible to produce and substantiate a meaningful credit report for that scheme against Part-FCL. As a result of this, 22 Group wrote a new accreditation scheme, aligned with Part-FCL

Which has resulted in the removal of the whole of the previous, hard won accreditation system....:mad:

Basil
6th Nov 2012, 20:10
Probably too long ago but, before I left in 1973, I had to write all the ATPL exams and take the civil IRT. I don't recollect having to take any skills test other than the IR. My first type rating was provided by my employer.
Good luck!

Stuff
6th Nov 2012, 20:51
PM sent

(silly 10 char limit)

Tinribs
7th Nov 2012, 08:42
Burners

My experience followed the scenario you need but other aspects were so odd it may be no good as an example of typical work pattern

In 1983 I was flying RAF Viscounts Comet Canberra Varsity Chipmunk and seeking to obtain my civil licence for my impending new career; 38/16

I borrowed a Devon (metal Dove) from Farnborough and did the civil IRT at Stansted passing first time

I did a flight test in an RAF Viscount having arranged for one of the other pilots to be a CAA inspector for the day

The CAA happily agreed all this although the IRE (Fish I think) found some of our practices a bit odd though safe

I had to do all the CAA exams (Oxford crammer) but was excused the single engine bit of the flight test on the basis of my Canberra flying

I did some flying in the Farnboro Dac as Air Atlantique was my target job because British Midland my Viscount banker had no slots until April 84

Not much use to you really but it would indicate a normal path as being flight test - IRT - Exams - Licence - Civil Job wherever available followed by moving on when possible

Perhaps not much use but for what its worth it worked for the next 25 years anyway, let me know if you want a written statement. I can't travel at the moment, detached retina, but will recover and be available if required

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
7th Nov 2012, 13:07
Burners

In my case, the opposing sides agreed to jointly instruct an Employment Rehabilitation Expert to draft a report which could be handy in your case. The report would put figures on earnings uninjured/injured, future loss etc. Ask your solicitor if this could help. PM me for further details

burners
7th Nov 2012, 20:58
Thanks to all for the replies and PM's.
Some really useful info there.

BEagle - I know what you mean about Cap 804. A right good read there. Will pester the 22Gp rep again, but have got the feeling so far that they may be as much in the dark as the rest of us - despite writing the policy!

Thanks again to all. Am about to reply to the PM's.