PDA

View Full Version : Converting JAA CPL to a FAA CPL + type rating

Victo
3rd Nov 2012, 08:38
Hello,
This is my first post so I present myself. I'm a french 32 year old pilot.
I hold a JAA Commercial Pilot Licence. I've been offered a job on a private jet, single pilot operated, based in Congo. The problem is that I need a FAA licence. I hold 1800h total time, but do not meet the requirements for the FAA ATP. If I had, it would have been much easier to get my FAA licence, they told me. It would have been enough with doing the ATP written exam and after a Check Ride on the sim during the Type Rating. But as I do not meet the night hours requirements, I can't get the ATP.
Does anyone of you know what must I do to get the FAA Commercial Licence and the Instrumental rating? I've contacted several centers and some do not answer ant the ones who do give me different information. What would be the best and cheaper way to get the certificates to fly this plane? I've informed me for the Commercial theorical exam, I can pass it in Europe, but where I'm a little bit lost is with the Instrumental Rating and the flight hours I will have to do.
Well, thank-you and nice to meet you all.

2close
4th Nov 2012, 12:26
You could try:

ORBIFLY FLIGHT SCHOOL (http://www.orbifly.com/index.php?lang=ENG)

Victo
4th Nov 2012, 21:05
Hello Love PanAm and 2close,
Thank-you very much, i didn't know that there was possibility to train FAA in Europe, the info is very useful to me. I will contact them this week.
Regards, and thanks again!