PDA

View Full Version : OJT on easa part 66

Elchin
2nd Nov 2012, 18:22
Hi everybody
Couple years ago I have started doing a research on easa 66 licence right after my educational process in local non-eu aviation academy. Then I was employed by helicopter company which is approved part 145 organization and then successfully received my first type training. After 2 years local NAA have issued me a licence which is unfortunately differs from easa rules upon certifying, but includes my current type rating and category. My question is concerning CAP 741 logbook,to be more particular,it is about basic skills and ojt requirements.
Do I need to provide to uk caa ojt papers(log sheet) even if I have ICAO licence with a type training note in it, or caa will accept my ICAO licence as a proof to my OJT?
If no, can someone give me an advice how to create an OJT logbook

Please also give some advices about basic skills

P.S I already have 9 modules passed)))

Thank you guys

YOUNGBUCK
7th Nov 2012, 14:45
Elchin,

You should complete a CAA logbook (CAP 741) or one of similar format. The CAA will not accept your type rating note in your ICAO Annex II licence as proof of experience.
If you want to buy CAP 741 logbook, it is available from TSO (The Stationery Office) | Part of the Williams Lea Group - the global leader in Corporate Information Solutions (http://www.TSO.co.uk).

You are eligible to record all aircraft experience in this logbook, EASA Aircraft, Non EASA aircraft - It is up to your discretion what you record, however the CAA will only look at the relevant A/C experience to issue with an approval.
All logbook entries must be signed by a certifier, You cannot certify your own work regardless of wether you signed the job off yourself. (check the CAA website or CAP741 for details on whom is eligible to certify your entries)

If you want to create your own logbook, many people do, follow the format of CAP741.

munster
7th Nov 2012, 21:51
If you want the PDF of CAP 741. I have it without "SAMPLE" written across every page. PM me your email address and i'll send it to you saving £22.