PDA

View Full Version : BA FPP providers

SmileyRiley
2nd Nov 2012, 12:28
Good afternoon,

I am planning on applying for the scheme after working to accumulate thefunds and I am seeking some advice.

I have searched the forums and, although there are countless threadsregarding the "big 3", they all include negative posts regarding theperils of integrated training which aren't that helpful I fully plan on undertaking modular training should this prove unsuccessful. What I am looking for is some advice, views and comparisons regarding OAA,CTC and FTE - what are they like to train at, do any of the three boast betterstaff, is there an advantage to undertaking all training in Europe/partlyabroad (USA )

I have researched this to length for many years but come to the conclusionthey all have their own positives and negatives. I am also expecting this to bethe conclusion of this thread. If, however, someone is able to highlight theirpluses and minuses this may prove useful in coming to a decision.

Does anyone also have any knowledge regarding the previous year’s intake -did it go smoothly and have any/are any progressing as they should onto TR?
What airports are recruits likely to be based at?

Am I also right in thinking that TR, Base and Line training is included inthe bond?I would greatly appreciate any information or advice you may have regardingthe training providers or scheme.

I apologise for the number of questions and thank you for your time.

Libertine Winno
5th Nov 2012, 08:50
Nobody can give a proper comparison of all three, because of course you only ever use one of them!

Best advice is to visit them and choose YOUR personal favourite based on whatever criteria you set yourself. They are all good schools, because otherwise BA wouldn't use them, so don't worry about that.

With regards the programme itself, all info can be found on bafuturepilot.com and on each FTO's websites for their individual course structure. Happy surfing!

FANS
5th Nov 2012, 09:10
Nobody can give a proper comparison of all three, because of course you only ever use one of them

Libertine makes a very good point on the schools, and to be frank with BA backing, you're going to get well looked after at all three. So do you prefer the US-UK/NZ-UK/Spain for most of your training!!??

Re funding - there's no nonsense add-ons for base training, TR etc., but this will be explained during the process.

Re airports - it's called London Airways for a reason!

In summary, you're right to ask these questions, but if you get accepted and provided that you work v hard, you're set for life.