PDA

View Full Version : Best way to go

FSH7
2nd Nov 2012, 11:28
Hi guys, I've been reading this forum for quite a few years now but I've only decided to join recently. I am currently in high school and my lifelong ambition (since I was 7) is to be an airline pilot (no this is not shiny jet syndrome). I'm wondering if the best way to go is to get a CPL as soon as I can and do a uni degree while studying for the CPL. Then when I graduate at say 21-23 join a cadet program or do some GA work for a few years and then find a job in an airline. I know times are difficult and it will be very tough but I am absolutely determined to 'get there'

SenZubEanS
4th Nov 2012, 01:20
If you have been reading for a while then you no doubt are aware of all the similar threads with a question the same as this one.
There is enough info about to be able to make up a pros and cons list for yourself which would obviously be pertaining to your particular situation.
If you have the funds, then get yourself some time in the air now. Focus hard on your theory and getting all of that stuck in the memory banks, after all, books only have a once off cost of purchase and you can read them over and over. Flying costs a bucket load every time, so you want to maximise what you are able to take away from each and every lesson.