PDA

View Full Version : Help with GA Award calculation

destructor747
1st Nov 2012, 11:30
Hi guys & gals,

Sorry for my ignorance but trying to calculate my pay is proving to be harder and more confusing than I thought and I'd appreciate a little help from those who know what theyre talking about! I understand the full award doesn't come in until 2014 and its payed incrementally until then but how that works and at what rate thats based on has me stumped and I can't seem to find the info i need! :ugh:

I'm a full time, grade 2 multi IFR instructor and charter pilot and the biggest thing I fly falls into the Multi engine 5660 kg UTBNI 8500 kg category (turboprop) and command.

Is anyone able to give me a ball park figure on what I should be on? Again sorry for my ignorance!

Thanks in advance :)

Horatio Leafblower
1st Nov 2012, 11:46
Assuming you're not flying RPT:

B1.1 - $46909
B1.2 - n/a
B1.3 - (c) - add $5630.19 for turboprop
B1.4 - add $5171 for Command instrument rating
B1.5 - occasional ab initio = no extra, i think

Grade 2 instructor - add $2945

destructor747
1st Nov 2012, 11:50
Thanks Horatio

I did that calculation and came up with the a similar amount but have been told that is what I should get in 2014 and in the meantime a percentage of that is to be paid annually on top of 2010 pay until 2014. Is that the case or does the full award apply now?

The Kelpie
1st Nov 2012, 22:44
Destructor

It depends whether your employer was a signatory to the old award. ie prior to the modernisation process.

If the company was a signatory to the old award them full award rate applies immediately.

If not, The calculation for work out a transitional amount is over complex and based on an upward sliding scale in increments of 20% over time but as a rough calculation it will be approx 85-90% of the figure quoted above as the transitional calc does not apply the the full amount just the difference between the current award amount and the old federal minimum wage or the anount the company used to pay prior to the modern award being introduced whichever is higher.

More to Follow

The Kelpie

Roj approved
3rd Jun 2014, 14:15
Give the boys and girls in Melbourne a call, they will be able to help you with this and many other Industrial matters, oh, and talk to them about the other benefits available. Ie: representation to your employer on your behalf to make sure you get paid correctly. :)

scotton
4th Jun 2014, 02:48
Nothing like living on Min Wage eh

superG3
7th Jun 2014, 22:07
Good to see employers paying even close to the award these days:=