PDA

View Full Version : QR training bond question

flyfor
1st Nov 2012, 06:12
I am about to join QR however I have concerns about the recent hight training failures.
I understand that there is a bond for new joiners to sign, which makes me unsure if I want to commit to. The bond makes total sense from the company's point of view, to protect itself from people leaving right after the training with type rating.
Now, back to the training failures. After signing the bond, if the pilot fails the training and the company terminates the pilot, is he/she responsible for the bond?
What if the pilot is not able to pay the bond after involuntary termination?
There is not much information regarding the bond procedure on this forum.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

av8tordude
2nd Nov 2012, 12:21
If you are involuntarily terminated because of an unsatisfactory training performance, you are NOT responsible for the training bond. However, if you leave voluntarily during any part of training, you will be held responsible.

F14
2nd Nov 2012, 14:14
Training is very thorough and the instructors knowledgable. Line training is a bit old-school, but the guys mean well and get you into the books. The books constantly change, which is a bit of a pain. but the company is growing at such a rate, this is a symptom of the rapid changes.

Type ratings are normally outsourced to DXB,BAH,TLS,LGW so are all to Boeing/Airbus standard. With a bit of work you should have everything you need on the course.

Lots of rumours about failures, but I haven't heard of any directly. The Spanish lads are very close and they tend to thrive on gossip. In the summer they changed the policy, now anyone with less than 500 hours on type appears to get the full course. (and bond). I guess this would give all the guys plenty of time to pick up the SOPs and JAA procedures/FTL's etc.