PDA

View Full Version : Coming to a NZ flight soon

ExXB
31st Oct 2012, 20:09
Hobbits, elves, orcs and wizards!

An Unexpected Briefing #airnzhobbit - YouTube (http://youtu.be/cBlRbrB_Gnc)

The only question is; Which one is TightSlot?

redsnail
31st Oct 2012, 20:56
Love it :D

TightSlot
1st Nov 2012, 09:12
I'm the Ugly One, at the back! :)

Hotel Tango
1st Nov 2012, 14:11
Pity about the apparent single pilot operation though - and he's sitting on the right :eek:

PAXboy
1st Nov 2012, 15:06
Totally superb! Although I only saw one of the films (not my kind of enterataiment) it all made sense. The whole piece is made with such a sense of fun. I agree that the single pilot error is mystifying, since so much money and effort was made on the film. Likely to irritate their FD crews.

Tight Slot, do you know if the 'pax' are actors or NZ staff?

Another interesting aspect of the airline, their annual Hakamania:
Hakamania 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=d43_PeDnpJA&feature=endscreen)

TightSlot
1st Nov 2012, 17:02
They're NZ staff

James 1077
1st Nov 2012, 20:44
They're NZ staff

Other than Peter Jackson I presume!

PAXboy
2nd Nov 2012, 01:38
I seem to recall that NZ staff also participated in the naturist safety (or was it an advert?) a couple of years ago. Other carriers could learn from staff involvement, as demonstrated in the annual Hakamania, I liked very much that other staff participated from around the world.

Peter Jackson? Google tells me that he directed all the Ring films. Which one was he? Was he the lone pilot? One might presume that NZ air made good money out of those film crews and actors!

SLFAussie
2nd Nov 2012, 02:30
Peter Jackson is the one who puts on the ring and vanishes.

And single pilot operation from the right hand seat would be normal since the pilot is clearly a wizard and would be able to control weather, ATC delays and unruly passengers from anywhere on the plane. He'd probably spend more than a bit of the flight time outside the plane enjoying the breeze. ;)

crewmeal
2nd Nov 2012, 06:30
Now what could BA produce? The mind boggles!

Heathrow Harry
2nd Nov 2012, 08:39
their one of the 777 taxing down your own street was pretty good..........

ExXB
2nd Nov 2012, 10:36
their one of the 777 taxing down your own street was pretty good..........

If it worked, which it didn't for me.

Heathrow Harry
4th Nov 2012, 13:01
needed a UK post code AND to have had Google drive their spy camera down your street I think