PDA

View Full Version : Solenta B727's

JJflyer
11th Apr 2002, 20:02
Rumour has it that Solenta is to get some B727 freighters from Europe; Think it was from TNT operators.
They have their ATR's flying in Western Africa on contracts that Rossair lost Looks like they are gettig more ATR's as well.

Star Wars
11th Apr 2002, 20:37
Must be joking! :D
With 2 x new ATR and 7 Van`s Bank payments and 2 Twotters stuck with a company that is going down in Algeria the lease payments must be over the moon.:rolleyes:

Caribou 2
12th Apr 2002, 06:06
I have heard that Bruce is a bit strectched on repayments (everyone has a credit limit) - but remember Solenta is close to DHL Aviation and so 727's might just be possible........if so great - more jobs.....

SLENTER
14th Apr 2002, 13:33
More work?!! You must be joking! They're hoofing 17 pilots at the present.

The Negotiator
15th Apr 2002, 08:50
The rumours machine doing its work again. As I am in a position to know what is going on in the industry and with both DHL and Solenta may I clarify for all you guys.

Solenta is not getting 727's but will in all likelyhood commence operating a 3rd ATR in August.

They are retrenching crew due to the restructuring of the DHL network and letters have apparently been sent to all crew warning them of the situation. This decision will it has been said affect 9 pilots. The reason given for this is the Vans utilisation will be decreasing with the new ATR schedule kicking in immediately.

Lastly, talk to anyone at Lanseria and all you here is good things about Solenta's payment philosophy. They have in 18 months of operations established a credit record second to none, something seemingly unusual in this industry. Talk to companies such as NAC, Comair or King Air Services about their track record and you may find that this talk about payments stretched is just someone with nothing better to do that spread ignorant rumours.

freightboss
15th Apr 2002, 09:39
I've heard that Solenta is buying two of SAA's 747-200's, converting them to freighters and operating them in competition with Hydro.

This is all a question of who has the best rumour. Speak to the people and find out what's going before putting some ridiculous rumours and the net....

As for you Negotiator, thanks for clearing this issue up.
;) ;)

DownIn3Green
15th Apr 2002, 23:30
Hey JJ,

Where have you been or do I have to ask???

Drop me an e-mail sometime and maybe I can shed some light...

lizzard
16th Apr 2002, 17:27
Retrenchment numbers sounds accurate, 5 captains and 4 co-pilots, but rumour has it that Solenta are busy negotiating with SAFAIR and TRANSAFRICA to take these unfortunate crew.;)

JJflyer
18th Apr 2002, 10:43
Freight Boss...

So no more rumours on the PPRUNE. Wow, thats a new view.
Dit is veronderstel om n' "rumour netwerk" te wees...

So much noise that there must be something in this rumour.

Cheers