PDA

View Full Version : EASA66 oral exam

adarob
28th Oct 2012, 21:46
hey folks

is it right that EASA will start conducting an oral exams for b1 & b2 candidates by Oct 2013 ???

thnx

spannersatcx
29th Oct 2012, 10:32
I really hope so, it'll sift the wheat friom the chaf!

Wodrick
29th Oct 2012, 13:42
Always been a bit miffed that I had to do an oral for all mine, just lucky timing really, and later people "got away" with multi guess.

Will really sort them out as you can't learn what will be asked and where your stupid answer will lead.

Does depend on the examiner though, the one I had for Autopilots was more confused than me !

TinyTim2
29th Oct 2012, 19:48
I did orals for all of my licenses . It's not a perfect system but a lot better than multi guess . It also allows examiners to gauge the personal qualities of the applicant ( the old application form used to have a section where a LAE had to sign that the applicant was " of a suitable character " or words to that effect ) .

These days you just have to pass the modules .

Too many LAE's are prepared to sign anything , just because the shift manager says so .........

Capot
30th Oct 2012, 11:57
I don't know of any such change going through the rule-making process in EASA, but since EASA is so convoluted it's entirely possible that it might be.

If so, it will have a task number; does anyone know what it is, if it exists?

If it doesn't, the rumour can be disregarded.

PS. Unless the UK CAA has decided to go independent and re-introduce what it always regretted losing.

PPS In that case it would be good if the first question were not "Are you a Freemason?".