PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation near Moorabbin

walesregent
28th Oct 2012, 02:13
Does anyone know of any reasonably affordable, reasonably nice accommodation near Moorabbin? Trying to find out for a friend who needs to stay for one night before ferry flight to Perth

Fantome
28th Oct 2012, 03:33
Parkdale Motor Inn - lastminute.com.au (http://www.lastminute.com.au/accommodation/australia/parkdale-motor-inn/W27371?CID=SEM-2688-1835982037)

This is the only decent budget place within coo-ee. It's an easy 20 minute walk to and from Moorabbin Airport via Lower Dandenong Road and Southern Road which leads to an open gate near the air museum.

If getting the train get off at Mentone Station about 5 mins walk to the motel.

walesregent
28th Oct 2012, 06:52
Awesome- thanks

Homesick-Angel
28th Oct 2012, 23:08
Keep in mind they may actually be stalked or shot at during that walk..;)

peterc005
29th Oct 2012, 06:51
Not really. It's a very average suburban area.

Moorabbin/Cheltenham/Mentone/Parkdale are older established suburbs and very quiet and safe.

On the other hand, walking around Bankstown, especially the railway station, is like downtown Beirut during the civil war.

My recollection is that RVAC used to have accommodation on the airport attached to the club rooms?

mickk
29th Oct 2012, 07:15
The Dingley International is opposite the airport on Boundary road, a 15 minute walk to the airport. There is a new Quest on Heatherton Road, about 2ks further than the Motor Inn on Nepean Highway.

If I was he, I would just sleep at the airport, cost you nothing. Bench, tent, grass, under a wing, could sleep in the middle of the field if you wanted to.

One of the helicopter joints up near lwr dandenong road has overnight cabin type accom, The Helicopter group from memory.

wishiwasupthere
29th Oct 2012, 07:25
QuestApartments are a bit pricey but are of good quality (as you'd expect). They've got the added bonus of a courtesy shuttle bus to the airport.

poonpossum
29th Oct 2012, 07:37
Maybe tell him to get a gate card as well before he goes, because of the way the fences are, walking around Moorabbin airport on the outside takes ages.

VH-XXX
29th Oct 2012, 11:05
I slept under my fuselage at Hoxton park once ready for a ferry flight. Being daylight savings at the time I did look a bit strange under there trying to get a good nights sleep ready for the early departure :). In hindsight I should have spruced for a motel, especially for a big trip.

MakeItHappenCaptain
29th Oct 2012, 12:09
Stayed at the Buckingham International (?) recently. Short cab ride, but book on lastminute.com or similar. Will be almost half the price. Comfy beds.:ok:

Lasiorhinus
30th Oct 2012, 13:18
Or call Doug and Noreen. Houses right next to the airport, friendly, and very aviation-minded.