PDA

View Full Version : BMI regional now wholly independant

HumaidDaPlane
28th Oct 2012, 00:43
Since BA bought BMI it was obvious that BA didnt want bmi regional as part of the deal which left the airline and its companies future a bit lost but as SAH (sector aviation holding) has recently bought bmi regional for £6million, its new website and airline code, BM will be coming later on this year, could this pave way a new future for the carrier.

Wizofoz
28th Oct 2012, 05:53
Is it profitable in it's own right?

mackey
28th Oct 2012, 07:20
Good luck to them, BMI Regional need some stability and hopefully they can achieve that themselves without any help.

fmgc
28th Oct 2012, 08:30
Lets hope that they can make it work and expand it.

Not least for new pilots, so if you are not willing to sell your soul to the CTC/Oxford FlexiCrew Devil there is another way to get started in the aviation industry.

NutLoose
28th Oct 2012, 09:23
Well it was a standalone carrier before being bought by BMI, glad to see the name and branding remaining, they're plugging it a lot on the radio channels, good luck to them and I hope it continues to prosper.

HumaidDaPlane
28th Oct 2012, 09:27
well i think so

RMC
28th Oct 2012, 11:04
This is good news for all my BMI Regional buddys....hope it works out guys.

Stick35
28th Oct 2012, 11:32
Wish them all the best. Looks like a nice company to work for.:ok:

Best foot forward
28th Oct 2012, 13:32
Good luck luck to all involved, loved working for them and hope they can keep up the high service standards.

chocolateracer
28th Oct 2012, 15:10
Best of luck to them! They deserve to succeed!

WASPERNATOR
28th Oct 2012, 21:21
If you are interested in pedantry - I think you'll find they are now independent - not ant. ;)

TCX69
28th Oct 2012, 21:34
Please could we get the brand correct also :ugh:

bmi regional and not BMI regional :ok:

Arkroyal
28th Oct 2012, 21:52
And as they own the bmiBaby brand.......

Stand by for the low cost off-shoot next summer.

pwalhx
28th Oct 2012, 22:40
I thought the brand bmi baby was separate from bmi regional and therefore owned by IAG?

TimV
28th Oct 2012, 22:44
As a regular pax with bmi for the last 8 years, I hope bmi regional does really well. Good luck to them all. I particularly like the ride on the Embraer 145s - you feel very special.

Skipness One Echo
28th Oct 2012, 22:54
I particularly like the ride on the Embraer 145s - you feel very special.
I love the complete lack of suspension on the ground, especially landing at MAN on Sat when it felt we blew every tyre when we hit a groove. I do not exaggerate.

MCDU2
29th Oct 2012, 11:17
Was it westerly? If so R23R has a big hump right at the 1000ft point. We have all been that soldier I can assure you.

DomyDom
29th Oct 2012, 18:35
I think that the formation of bmi regional as a 'new' airline is a great move, especially with the retention of a base at Manchester as well as Aberdeen. I think the advertisments around Manchester advertising the new Antwerp route look classy and the streamlined for business line cuts just the right image.

The challenge for them will be to grow the business by offering a high quality service to key business destinations with competetive fares. Refering to one of the posts above I would be extremely cautious about setting up a low cost version ('BMIbaby 2') to take on Easyjet, Jet2, flybe and Ryanair at UK airports - I can't think of a quicker way to the airline graveyard. Bmi regional need to be very focussed on what the old British Midland did best, providing a good quality reliable business service to destinations that business people need to go to at reasonable prices. To be honest despite I wouldn't even dream of resurrecting BMIbaby as the way it was managed in recent years was an absolute shambles that could seriously undermine/ damage the new 'bmi' brand (e.g remember the niche routes strategy that never materialised before retrenchment to EMA) and for that reason I would be cautious about allowing anyone from the senior managment of BMIbaby anywhere near the new business. In my view bmi regional need to make sure that they don't repeat the mistakes of the old BMI that resulted in them trying to compete with BA at LHR and mismanging their locost operation, the fragmentation of the business eventually resulted in a complete loss of focus.

Good luck to them though, its early days but if they carry on as they have started I predicted great things for them. I also think the profile that they give on their website to private charters is an excellent idea which is ahead of its time. God rest BMI, long live bmi regional!:D