PDA

View Full Version : He needed Gilbert Blades?

Al R
25th Oct 2012, 18:21
North Korean army minister 'executed with mortar round' - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/9630509/North-Korean-army-minister-executed-with-mortar-round.html)

Now, thats what I call discipline. I'm sure that jankers would have sufficed though.

Courtney Mil
25th Oct 2012, 18:35
Maybe that's the answer to our unacceptaly high re-offending rate. It would also free up bed space in our prisons. A motar round is pretty cheap (sorry, cost-effective as well as transferring some of the cost to the massively over-funded MoD), gets rid of an undesirable and gives much needed training to our fine chaps in green. Winner all round in my book.

Rosevidney1
25th Oct 2012, 18:50
An elegant solution.......

NutLoose
25th Oct 2012, 18:51
How do you force someone to stand on a spot, like your not going to move, and who is going to stand beside you to make sure you don't.

Courtney Mil
25th Oct 2012, 18:53
Now I come to think of it, maybe there could be options for all sorts of weapons training here. Even moving targets for UAVs, Special Forces training, Naval gunnery. Goodness, the imagination could run wild. The Chancellor would love it; imagine the savings!!!!

Herod
25th Oct 2012, 20:41
A bit like the old method of being tied across the mouth of a cannon. ;)

si.
25th Oct 2012, 20:46
A bit like the old method of being tied across the mouth of a cannon. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Is that allowed in the modern church.....? :hmm:

Courtney Mil
25th Oct 2012, 20:48
Compulsory from what I heard.

HamishDylan
25th Oct 2012, 20:57
Cor - I'll have one of thos N Korean mortars please. And there was me wasting all these years thinking that mortars were area weapons...or perhaps they didn't tell us about the first 135 rounds that came close before they 'got him'?

Rigga
25th Oct 2012, 21:30
Hmm....

Was his drinking a bad Korea move?

LowObservable
25th Oct 2012, 21:48
I don't know but it looks as if it got someone pestled off.

reynoldsno1
25th Oct 2012, 23:42
Apparently there are about 30 others who have also been 'removed from their posts'...

Krystal n chips
26th Oct 2012, 04:35
" How do you force someone to stand on a spot, like your not going to move"

I think, in cases like this, a certain amount of gratuitous bondage is involved.....

P6 Driver
26th Oct 2012, 10:03
Apparently there are about 30 others who have also been 'removed from their
posts'...

My money is on being fixed to them - the mortar bomb is what removes them!

Al R
26th Oct 2012, 12:44
Hamish,

If WP was used, getting the aim slightly off wouldn't be too much help to a soft target in the open I guess.. and if it was mounted at high angle, and being able to hear the bomb fired, you wouldn't be too happy counting down your very own final 'crack to thump'!

God knows what would have gone through his mind.

Flap62
26th Oct 2012, 13:01
God knows what would have gone through his mind

Lots of small pieces of metal?

Al R
26th Oct 2012, 13:04
I'll cross 'em.. ;)

TheWizard
26th Oct 2012, 19:17
I would like to see them try and get Qui-Gon Jinn.......:}

DSAT Man
1st Nov 2012, 10:35
Reminds me of a rather unfortunate Taliban chappy who was removed from his bicycle by a Hellfire missile when I was at RC(S) in 2008.

Melchett01
1st Nov 2012, 13:08
Reminds me of a rather unfortunate Taliban chappy who was removed from his bicycle by a Hellfire missile when I was at RC(S) in 2008.

I was working in Baghdad in 03 with the US Army and remember watching a Pred feed of an airstrike on a BM-21. The crew heard the jet circling, abandoned their vehicle and started to run across the road. The rocket pack on the back had already been rotated and was pointing across the road ... can you see what's coming next?

Bomb impacts, rockets fire and one poor chap running across the road took the full impact of a 122mm HE rocket hitting him in the back. Ouch. If he had been facing the other way, that would have brought a whole new meaning to the concept of being chest poked!

LT Selfridge
1st Nov 2012, 14:05
Wow - hilarious!
Saving space in prisons (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19045737)

Heathrow Harry
2nd Nov 2012, 08:33
mortar bombs eh/

One way of using up stuff coming to its sell-by date I guess

Al R
3rd Nov 2012, 12:00
Well, maybe not Blades4Justice, but how about Sir Clive?

Home (http://www.clive4leicspcc.com/home.html)

Has to be a better bet than the rest of the muppets parading on the local telly the other night.