PDA

View Full Version : Looking for PPL database

dynamicq
22nd Oct 2012, 22:40
Hello,
I am new here. I have tried google, but results were misleading, most of which ask to pay some amounts of money, and I do not want be ripped off.
I am looking to some kind of official database of all the questions on PPL theory exams. Like the one they have for driving.

seymoreskye
23rd Oct 2012, 07:11
Andrey

Airquiz or *************** are what your looking for, they do cost something but then again this is aviation what do you expect! Both are about £20 for all exams so in my eyes worth it.

riverrock83
23rd Oct 2012, 07:50
Airquiz doesn't contain the actual questions - but similar questions and covers the topic areas.
PPL Confuser is reputed to be out of date now.
EASA PPL Exam Secrets Guides (http://shop.pilotwarehouse.co.uk/product19670023.html) includes many of the current official questions, but don't expect them all to be in it (it is suspiciously close to the earlier papers but as the papers become more recent, there are more and more questions missing from it). It is up to the invigilator which paper you get. The later ones (in my student opinion) have less issues in them which probably makes them more straight forward anyway.

But you should learn the subjects first, then do practice papers. Just learning the answers wont help you in the long term. Chances are that the papers are going to be refreshed fairly soon, now that we are in EASA land.

seymoreskye
23rd Oct 2012, 11:03
*************** not Confuser mate. Confuser is out of date

BEagle
23rd Oct 2012, 12:10
The days of question spotting are probably over.

Note the following from FCL.025:

FCL.025 Theoretical knowledge examinations for the issue of licences

(a) Responsibilities of the applicant

(1) Applicants shall take the entire set of examinations for a specific licence or rating under the responsibility of one Member State.

(2) Applicants shall only take the examination when recommended by the approved training organisation (ATO) responsible for their training, once they have completed the appropriate elements of the training course of theoretical knowledge instruction to a satisfactory standard.

(3) The recommendation by an ATO shall be valid for 12 months. If the applicant has failed to attempt at least one theoretical knowledge examination paper within this period of validity, the need for further training shall be determined by the ATO, based on the needs of the applicant.

peterh337
23rd Oct 2012, 16:25
The days of question spotting are probably over.

Why?

There is no "central question bank" for PPL exams but it's always in the commercial interest of the training industry to generate a QB, because most students can't get far until they hae done the exams, so that impacts the school's cash flow.

That's why the FTOs generated their own QBs, long before the JAA CQB was released under the FOIA.

Whopity
23rd Oct 2012, 19:23
it's always in the commercial interest of the training industry to generate a QBThis must be the best kept secret in aviation!

Obi_Wan
24th Oct 2012, 21:03
You could purchase the AFE "Questions and Answers Simplifier" which has several mock question papers per subject. They papers are (I'm reliably informed) laid out very similarly to the tests you'll take, and have the same structure and style.

The book is designed to complement the AFE books by Jeremy Pratt. The questions in those text books at the end of each section are designed to test your knowledge, not prepare you for the test.