PDA

View Full Version : LOFT vs. MCC

orninn
11th Apr 2002, 10:44
I have recently finished my CPL/IR frosen ATP rating and considering my next step these days.

Is there anyone who can explain to me the difference between the MCC course and the LOFT (Line oriented flight training) course.

regards
Orninn

TheMagus
11th Apr 2002, 11:24
Basically MCC teaches you about multi-crew co.operation while LOFT is something you'll do once you are employed by an airline.

In order to get a type rating on a multi-pilot aeroplane you will need to have completed the MCC course so that is probably what you should do next.

orninn
11th Apr 2002, 13:12
Thanks, but this doesn't tell me anything I didn't know.

Exactly what is LOFT, I pretty muc know what MCC is and why I should take it.

but thanks anyway

Orninn

scroggs
11th Apr 2002, 16:16
LOFT - Line Orientated Flight Training.

All airlines carry out LOFT for their crews, both during conversion to type and during periodic training. The training simply uses the normal routine line flight profile either for destination or emergency training in the simulator, or just on-the-job training in the aircraft.

There are some organisations that offer a LOFT-style course to Wannabes, but I would suggest that they are of limited value as you will do whatever LOFT is required once you are employed. MCC is now a compulsory qualification prior to obtaining your ATPL and subsequent employment, so I would say that the choice is clear!