PDA

View Full Version : BA138

LondonEye
20th Oct 2012, 19:18
What happened this morning to 138 @ LHR? Hear aborted landing JIT due to other aircraft on runway. Anyone know?

BOAC
20th Oct 2012, 19:23
No, but it sounds like a good plan to me.

DaveReidUK
21st Oct 2012, 07:16
What happened this morning to 138 @ LHR? Hear aborted landing JIT due to other aircraft on runway. Anyone know?

Assuming that by JIT you mean "just in time" then you're making this sound unnecessarily melodramatic.

Go-arounds (aka missed approaches) are a perfectly safe procedure and a pretty well daily event at Heathrow - there were 485 of them last year.

Hopefully we're not going to see a rash of posts every time one happens.

blaggerman
21st Oct 2012, 07:55
According to the Daily MailSunStar, the brave pilot wrestled with the controls as the plane wobbled back into the air, narrowly missing a school full of children. Some suspected Muslims on board were subdued by alert passengers.

ATNotts
21st Oct 2012, 09:54
To answer the question, I guess it landed, completely without incident on the second attempt!

racedo
21st Oct 2012, 11:22
Go-arounds (aka missed approaches) are a perfectly safe procedure and a pretty well daily event at Heathrow - there were 485 of them last year.

That is unless they are by Ryanair, in which case its that Irish Airline, run by Michael O'Leary, who is deliberately putting passengers lives at risk :rolleyes:

Espada III
21st Oct 2012, 16:31
Whilst waiting at LHR on Thursday night, I noticed two go arounds within an hour I think.