PDA

View Full Version : MCC help

9287Excellent
19th Oct 2012, 18:50
Hi there,

I'm currently doing my IR at BCFT in Bournemouth and looking ahead the MCC course. Problem is, I would quite like to do it on a full motion sim and the bcft sim is just a full visual standard alsim and after being "stuck" in it for 30 odd hours on the IR course, I'm not sure I really want to go back in it for the MCC. Problem is, apart from European, I'm not quite sure where else to do the MCC and I've heard mixed reviews from people in real life and read on here mixed reviews about European. Would appreciate some input from people as to if there is any benefit for doing it on a full motion sim??

Thanks in advance.

CadetPilot
19th Oct 2012, 19:21
Can't speak for everywhere, but I was told it was a requirement for me before getting hired.
I believe most places require an MCC these days.
Also, though a full motion simulator will surely be a lot more run, it will also be much more expensive usually, unnecessary expense IMO.
I went to CRM Aviation and have nothing but good things to say about them.

CRM Aviation - MCC Course - Jet Orientation Course (http://www.crmeurope.com/)

4redsyourdead
19th Oct 2012, 20:55
I can recommend Simtech Aviation in Dublin. Completed my MCC/JOC on the 737 simulator thats configured for the 800 series and found the course to be fantastic and great value.

rogerg
20th Oct 2012, 04:59
OAA have a 737 FNPT2 full motion at Kidlington.

ZFT
20th Oct 2012, 05:35
EASA’s view on FNPT II and motion. From CS-FSTD-A

“Although motion is not a requirement for either an FNPT I or II, should the operator choose to have one fitted, it will be evaluated to ensure that its contribution to the overall fidelity of the devise is positive…… The motion requirements are as for a level A FFS”

9287Excellent
22nd Oct 2012, 23:24
Thanks for your replies everyone. I'm going to look into some of the places mentioned above. I knew about the OAA one already, but think I might widen my search into Europe as well. If anyone else has any feed back about any of the Bournemouth courses or any other good MCC courses, please let me know.

Regards,
9287Excellent