PDA

View Full Version : Night Rating and CPL?

packo1848
19th Oct 2012, 16:11
Hi Guys,

I'm working my way through a modular route to an fATPL and have recently completed the necessary training for my night rating. Two questions:

1) Does this have to be claimed before embarking on a CPL course or can it be claimed alongside my CPL?

2) Is there a time limit on claiming the rating? I appreciate the night rating does not lapse, but is there any time restriction after completing the required training on having the rating added to your licence?

I ask these questions because I hold a JAA PPL and to add my night rating would mean converting it to an EASA licence, thus incurring a cost. I'm led to believe (and please do correct me if i have my wires crossed) that when I complete my CPL I will claim an EASA CPL (with no conversion fee to pay), if I could claim my night rating alongside this it would save valuable pounds on top of an already expensive venture.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me. :ok:

mad_jock
19th Oct 2012, 16:23
just get everything

MEP IR, CPL and night done then submit it all at once because its cheaper.

Please note that was the way the old system worked.

You just had to complete the night training to be able complete the IR you didn't have to have it issued.

This may have changed though your going to have to dig your way through the new CAP to find out.

packo1848
19th Oct 2012, 16:55
Thanks for the prompt reply, that was the way I was hoping i could do it.