PDA

View Full Version : Abercrombie Boxer Shorts & Flip-Flops

ORAC
19th Oct 2012, 15:48
Abercrombie jet rules: wear boxer briefs and flip flops (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/9619687/Abercrombie-jet-rules-wear-boxer-briefs-and-flip-flops.html)

Male models who work on Abercrombie & Fitch's private jet are required to wear boxer briefs and staff must reply "no problem" to demands made by its chief executive, according to claims made in a US court filing.

Abercrombie's “Aircraft Standards” manual, which requires staff who work on the fashion retailer's Gulfstream G550 jet to play Phil Collins' Take Me Home on return flights, was disclosed as part of an age discrimination case brought by a former pilot against chief executive Michael Jeffries.

The 40-page manual instructs crew members to wear flip flops and a "spritz" of the fashion retailer's cologne to work, and bans them from wearing a coat outside in temperatures above 50 degrees (10 degrees celsius).

Staff are instructed to respond to Mr Jeffries' requests in a specific way. "When Michael, Matthew [Smith, Mr Jeffries' partner], or a guest make a request, respond by saying 'No problem.' This should be used in place of phrases like, 'sure' or, 'just a minute'," the manual states. The manual also includes a six point plan on how to compile and present the company's daily and weekly reports to Mr Jeffries. Staff should carefully insert reports into a binder and "bring Michael's lucky wallet to him" when presenting the binders, it says.

More documents seen by Bloomberg show that staff are instructed not to “expose the toilet paper and do not fold the end square”. The manual includes directions for serving Mr Smith, including his preference for Assam tea in the morning and Darjeeling "after 2pm".

Mr Jeffries has come under fire for his flying habits in the past. In 2010, the board agreed to pay him $4m (£2.5m) to limit his personal use of the company jet to $200,000 annually. In an e-mailed statement, Abercrombie director Craig Stapleton told Bloomberg that the board supported Mr Jeffries’ strategy.
A lawyer for the firm added that the pilot's lawsuit was "without merit".

Iver
19th Oct 2012, 17:52
How SAUCY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel bad for those pilots. :ugh: Get your G550 experience and find a better job.

Soave_Pilot
19th Oct 2012, 19:36
Absolutely discusting!!

Just read "the manual", and I feel bad for the people who work for these jacka$$ess.
Life is so much more than this bunch of nonsense worshiping of materialistic details and treating others as if they were inferiors. This is pathetic.

I will make sure I will nerver buy A&F clothes in my life.

And I truly hope they get sued that $hit out of them!!

Sorry guys, just spelling it out! :ok:

tommoutrie
19th Oct 2012, 20:13
My owner invented the Mankini..

INNflight
19th Oct 2012, 20:20
At least no smelly feet in row zero. I shall suggest flip flops to our management.

jr of dallas
19th Oct 2012, 20:29
Wooow... total maniacs ! Worth reading that **** !

TWOTBAGS
19th Oct 2012, 21:06
I meet these guys in YSSY a few months back, the Cabincrew guys had their flip flops and and jeans as it was pissing rain and cold.

Would not pass elf and safety in these parts.... but it made the girls in the FOB...... nice for once:}

blah blah blah
20th Oct 2012, 01:05
If you don't like the job....... quit?

If the manual states exactly what you are required to do then what is the problem? If someone wants to pay me to say "no problem" then Ill do it.

StressFree
20th Oct 2012, 07:35
WHAT a joke, an utter joke............

Talk about egos way out of control, as a pilot I'm paid to keep my people safe, I don't need to be told when I can wear my sunglasses.

Total B U L L S H I T.

Oldschoolflyer
20th Oct 2012, 08:35
Hey Stress,

We saw that aircraft on the ramp at Luton, and I remember seeing the 2 pilot's standing to attention at the bottom of the stairs. They were dressed in tight polos, jeans and flip flops. Most odd!

I seem to remember that the flight attendant's uniform consisted of: denim mini skirt, vest and flip flops....at least they got that part right!!!;)

jr of dallas
20th Oct 2012, 10:53
No problem !

Um... lifting...
20th Oct 2012, 14:48
One wouldn't have thought "male model" and "G550 type rating" often were used in the same sentence.

One apparently leads a sheltered existence.

Engine fire scenario:

"Dirk! (I suspect in the redacted pages flight crew are assigned names like Dirk, Nick, Chloe, and Babs) There are, like, flames coming out of the big roundy thing at the, like, back!"

"Whoa, Matthew! No problem."

Soave_Pilot
20th Oct 2012, 17:56
On the last day I would slap them in the face on the way out.... with the flip flops by the way!! :}

His dudeness
20th Oct 2012, 19:29
At least no smelly feet in row zero.

That depends....have a toilet service go wrong and walk thru the remains....in flipflops...

I wonder what the no problem guy thinks about an evacuation from a crashed a/c through debris...or are these special flipflops that will protect your feet ?

Trim Stab
20th Oct 2012, 20:00
Well I am out of job at the moment - so have absolutely no issues at all with meeting those Ts & Cs. If their lawyer reads this, please send me a PM! I'd be pleased to be allowed to wear flip flops and jeans for a job!

Globalstream
21st Oct 2012, 07:13
The sort of person who would follow these rules is too weak and malleable to hold a solo certificate, let alone an ATPL. Sounds like the "real" captain's seat is 4b or thereabouts.

Trogger
21st Oct 2012, 11:42
Maldivian Air Taxi pilots don't even bother with the flip flops!... :ok: