PDA

View Full Version : North Korea threatens to launch attacks on south

Donna K Babbs
19th Oct 2012, 07:14
Hopefully just sabre-rattling but the threat of human rights leafleting has certainly upset North Korea:

Sky News Report (http://news.sky.com/story/999724/north-korea-threatens-to-strike-south)

air pig
19th Oct 2012, 10:26
Is that the rattling of sabre's I hear.

Load Toad
19th Oct 2012, 10:30
Again? Don't they get bored?

Heathrow Harry
19th Oct 2012, 10:44
No story about the Great Succesor and Respected Comrade Kim- Jong - Un or his lovely lady available today so what is PR Dept to do???

If it was the London Evening Standard it would be

"Possible Tube Strike"

dagowly
19th Oct 2012, 11:08
Was gagnam style that annoying?

Avitor
19th Oct 2012, 11:14
'Look at that earth over there, it's moving'! 'Yes, that's Stalin moving about'

Lonewolf_50
19th Oct 2012, 12:09
How is this different from their torpedo attack on a ship, and more recent artillery fire against SK land?

Suggest they be told to bring it, and massive retaliation inflicted upon them.

Buster Hyman
19th Oct 2012, 12:16
Was gagnam style that annoying?
Yes. I believe a first strike was considered by a number of Nations.

BEagle
19th Oct 2012, 14:19
Suggest they be told to bring it, and massive retaliation inflicted upon them.

Oo-rah! Usual moderate spam response - perhaps you'd like to charge ashore singing 'The Halls of Montezuma' clutching an M2 whilst dressed in bandoliers of 0.50" ammunition?

'twould be unwise to let slip the dogs of war in Korea......

...they'd only get eaten...:\

air pig
19th Oct 2012, 14:29
Or, to coin the words of the late President Reagan be 'deep in the Kimchi' lol

500N
19th Oct 2012, 14:35
"Was gagnam style that annoying?"

From what I saw on the Australian media this morning, yes, he was !

AARON O'DICKYDIDO
19th Oct 2012, 14:40
Donna K Babbs: just sabre-rattling

I thought it was the US that had the Sabres.

Lonewolf_50: Suggest they be told to bring it, and massive retaliation inflicted upon them.

Be very carefull what you wish for.

Aaron.

racedo
19th Oct 2012, 15:11
..they'd only get eaten...http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wibble.gif

You bad.....

The Helpful Stacker
19th Oct 2012, 16:35
I thought it was the US that had the Sabres.

They have but they aren't doing much at the moment, what with the NHL Lockout and all.

Lonewolf_50
19th Oct 2012, 19:14
Beagle, your nonsense is noted.

Nowhere do I presume invasion is the form taken for massive retaliation.

For that matter, my underlying point was that the South Koreans are in best position to levy such, politically, given the number of blatant attacks they've had to suffer over the past five years and their general restrained or zero response.

At some point, it might be best to bloody the nose of the young moron now in charge of the Norkers to teach him a lesson.

But you, with your myopic anti-US horsecrap, can't see the forest for the trees.

What else would I expect from you? About the crap we got.

West Coast
19th Oct 2012, 19:25
Beag's

Was there a salient point in there or just a hit and run post?

fleigle
19th Oct 2012, 23:29
He's just a bored, tired old guy who hasn't got a life otherwise. IMHO, of course.
f

HEMS driver
20th Oct 2012, 00:06
Must be time for more foreign aid.

stumpey
20th Oct 2012, 00:10
Was it that Bernie Ecclestone's fault? (Is he and Beagle one and the same)?:confused:

Heathrow Harry
20th Oct 2012, 08:07
I was out for lunch with some Korean colleagues recently and someone brought up the North and things became heated - half of them were yelling that they should invade NOW and the others were shouting that it would be a disaster for everyone N& S if they did

I kept my mouth shut

Buster Hyman
20th Oct 2012, 08:35
Did you split the bill Harry?

BEagle
20th Oct 2012, 08:58
I was out for lunch with some Korean colleagues recently...

Dare one ask what was on the menu...???

Lima Juliet
20th Oct 2012, 09:05
Scooby Do, obviously...
http://puppybeef.com/images/300px-Dog_meat.jpg

Load Toad
20th Oct 2012, 10:39
My Korean friends view the North with pity and will liken it to a sick child. There are family ties & if it kicked off a lot of death and suffering for a lot of totally innocent people.
The war hawks usually are very brave with other peoples children especially when it isn't in their country.

Heathrow Harry
20th Oct 2012, 11:47
"Dare one ask what was on the menu...???"

Dear oh dear - not the usual stereotyping again?

Korean food is good, somewhat spicier than Japanese or N Chinese but I could eat it any time

now Mexican is another dish of refried beans indeed....... :yuk::yuk:

Heathrow Harry
20th Oct 2012, 11:48
"Did you split the bill Harry?"

I feel that as their guest and unaware of the nuances of Korean culture I didn't want to offend by offering to pay........... that's my excuse and it works in most places........

Lonewolf_50
22nd Oct 2012, 12:59
I concure with Harry, in re Korean cuisine. Plenty of good fare, and a step above Mexican food, to which I am subjected far too frequently, given where I live.

As to being free with others' children, the Norkers seem to like killing southerners just to make a point. Have you forgotten the torpedo and the artillery fire of recent vintage?

Are you sure you have been paying attention?

That said, Harry's point on how many Koreans view their Northern cousins makes sens, and informs how the pols in the South respond in each case.

At some point, it seems to me that we can complete the withdrawal begun about ten years ago, to the point that we have nobody in country. They've had two generations, plus, to get themselves sorted out. At some point, off the teat would seem to be the best policy.

(That goes for a few of our European allies as well, eh? )