PDA

View Full Version : FAA Regulatory Enforcement Process Vs. EASA Regulatory Enforcement Process

kg27
19th Oct 2012, 00:41
Hi,

Currently I am a grad student within aviation science. I am writing a research paper on the FAA regulatory enforcement process (operations, maintenance etc.) in comparison to the EASA (if they are indeed the regulatory enforcement body)regulatory enforcement process in the E.U. I am having a tough time :ugh: finding concise information on the EASA process. I located the FAA Order No. 2150.3B compliance and enforcement program PDF and confirmed currency by calling local FISDO. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

paco
19th Oct 2012, 04:47
"I am having a tough time finding concise information on the EASA process."

LOL! So are we, and we live here! :)

It's a dog's breakfast at the moment, although the theory is that EASA is supposed to be the equivalent of the FAA. However, the reality is somewhat different. Instead of taking over everything as was the original idea they have left much of the process with the national authorities (i.e. microlights, etc), which begs the question why do we need EASA anyway?

The rulemaking people don't seem to be able to organise the equivalent of a prayer meeting in the Vatican (they certainly will give several interpretations of a rule when asked, whch leaves you no better off than before), and they are underfunded and understaffed. For the time being they seem to be adopting the previous JAA practices and just renaming them, although some changes have been evident. Not evident, however, is common sense - ask any TRTO now that they are not allowed to give ground training before flying training. Look through the Learning Onjectives for ground training and you will see that almost every section is exactly backwards.

Phil

BillieBob
19th Oct 2012, 15:23
ask any TRTO now that they are not allowed to give ground training before flying trainingWhere does it say that, Phil?

paco
19th Oct 2012, 15:48
Talk to Leon - he will tell you whole sad story and the proper references. If you don't know him, PM me.

Phil