PDA

View Full Version : Attn Learmouth/Exmouth Ppruners

The Hedge
18th Oct 2012, 19:40
Hi there,

Big favour to ask...

Flying in to from PER from Europe on leave to join some kiteboarding mates on their NW WA road trip.

No room for anything else but my kite gear and a few clothes, so I am looking to borrow a swag or small tent for 3-4 days, approx 26th-30th. Dates depend on staff travel etc.

So if any fellow pruners out there have any suitable spare camping gear they could loan me for a the short stay, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

gerry111
19th Oct 2012, 14:18
Sorry that I can't help you, Hedge. Please note the AD is actually Learmonth.

truthinbeer
19th Oct 2012, 22:16
Just buy a tent. Camping stores, or department stores like Big W sell basic 2 man tents for around $100. That's cheap enough that you can give it away when you leave.
Google is your friend - here is a lightly used tent in Perth and they will deliver within the city! Tent dome 2 persons | Camping & Hiking | Gumtree Australia Vincent Area - North Perth (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/north-perth/camping-hiking/tent-dome-2-persons/1008100101) .... $35.

compressor stall
19th Oct 2012, 23:55
And it won't need to be too waterproof either, no rain there now. Just the inner mash is enough to keep the creepie crawlies out. Having said that, watch out for drop bears there though. As there are no trees in the area, they have evolved into ground based scavengers. The face of a person nicely cocooned in a sleeping bag is fair game.

4SPOOLED
20th Oct 2012, 05:00
Drop bears are friendly compared to the kangawallafoxes out that way.

They scare the bejesus out of me.

The Hedge
20th Oct 2012, 13:09
Ha ha! I'll sleep with one eye open and a can of Bundy ready to hit in between its eyes!

Thanks for the replies. Reason I am looking to borrow is because I have no room for any additional gear,as my 3 kites and board etc will have the dash 8 sitting on its arse. Swag sounds like an excellent idea.So still looking....... slab of beer on offer!!

Arriving 26th-leaving 29th

Cheers

truthinbeer
20th Oct 2012, 22:45
The borrowed tent / swag must be lighter? Swag around 5-6kg, lightweight dome tent 2.5-3.1kg depending on brand.

Engineer_aus
21st Oct 2012, 02:03
You can pick up a 2 man dome tent for $29 at Big W, and a nice thermal small size sleeping back which both fit nicely into a suitcase for about $60.

Monopole
21st Oct 2012, 05:41
Sorry that I can't help you, Hedge. Please note the AD is actually Learmonth. Unless your going to the strip 10 mile up the road known as Exmouth. In any case, I got the impression that you're flying into Perth and going by road to Exmouth. In which case, your best bet would be finding a lightie pilot on Whale Shark spotting or tourist runs that would be operating out of Exmouth or Coral Bay to lend you a tent.