PDA

View Full Version : LAE pay scale range in Australia

airlineguy1980
18th Oct 2012, 04:04
Hi,

Any one have an idea about the going rate of Licensed Engineer with the following rating

B777 with Trent and ge engines
A320 series with V2500 and Cfm
A330
A340-500

Experiance 6 years of certifying exp.Aviation exp 10 years.

I know it can't be a perfect answer as it varies from company and situation. But any insiders can give a figure to get an idea.

Thanks

Chopper OZ
18th Oct 2012, 10:43
If you really had all those ratings, you'd already know!

aveng
19th Oct 2012, 02:17
Whichever way you go ie. Virgin or Qantas your not going to be paid for all of those licences. No A340's on the Australian register. VB dont have A320 and QF dont have 777's. That is assuming you could even get a job in this country - many Lame's getting made redundant right now.

airlineguy1980
19th Oct 2012, 03:52
Chopper you don't need to worry what I have. You are a troll trying to put out the fire in your belly by looking at my types. I ignore bigots like you.

Aveng. Yes you are sensible both companies u said have mismatch in their fleet with respect to my license. I was looking at amsa and other outfits with line maint where I can atleast keep my type currency.

Any input on amsa pay scale or virgin or qantas. I applied to convert my license with casa and awaiting reply. My a340 is gone then.

QF22
19th Oct 2012, 09:40
AMSA
The worst paying MRO in Australia, maybe $80-$90K per year gross?
Maybe a bit more with OT?
But if it helps you to get a foot in the door, go ahead, and then later leave.
Thats what everybody else does.
Good Luck

Chopper OZ
19th Oct 2012, 10:36
Far from a Troll! just disgruntled like most ppruners...

Forget Virgin unless you have B738. AMSA are around 115k if you have 4 types that they will use. Otherwise, 80-90K as just stated. But be prepared to be flogged... SIAEC style.

AMSA would keep your SIN license current... Try JHAS, or are you a recent golden handshake cheque winner?

nelbhoy
19th Oct 2012, 11:23
Good luck airlineguy. I hold B777, 737 Cl & NG and A320, have Permanent Residency and so far have been unsuccessful in finding any work in Oz. Although I may be at a disadvantage as I'm B2. It's pretty understandable in the current climate out there. They are struggling to keep Australians in work, never mind employing Johnny Foreigner!! (That's us by the way:rolleyes:)

airlineguy1980
19th Oct 2012, 14:44
Chopper understand you are disgruntled. But the forum is a place to share info and learn from each others experiance. I haven't got the golden hand shake. I am flying good just intend to make a move to get a new experiance.

The rest of the posters I m a PR too.after seeing nellboy's post. I prefer to stay out until things get better. I got an offer from amsa for 90k today. So I should ask for above 100000? It seems so from the posters. If no deal done I intend to ride out the crisis by staying where I am now.

Get some type courses may be. Good luck guys

chest rockwel
20th Oct 2012, 01:22
Be careful with 3rd party maintenance companies, I went to Oz a few years ago to a company that's gone into liquidation since. After spending 4 months being treated as a piece furniture they offered me redundancy due to contracts not materialized, the most unprofessional company I've ever been involved with. There is also a big maintenance company there that I'd stay well clear of, they pay well but expect split shift patterns and other such nice things which ain't worth it as far as I'm concerned.

My advice with your types would be try get into jetstar who seem to look for people regularly on contract or other wise, nice crowd to work for, the colleagues are found to. Then there's vb and qf who are also good. Anything else is generally a stop gap till something better comes along, and these companies know this too .

Don't just go for the highest salary because it's usually high for a reason, wetheir it's crappy shift patterns or poor work conditions

rmm
20th Oct 2012, 23:50
Airlineguy,

The ALAEA website has some links to industry awards which contain pay rates & conditions of many industry players. You can also go straight to the Fair Work Australia website and search for awards, EBA's etc.

Chopper OZ
21st Oct 2012, 11:34
Why wait? You could take it in lieu of a better offer. Your not keeping ratings current by sitting on them... And your also in the industry with a job at a time when there is about to be a lot of ex QF dead wood floating around looking for a new posse too...

Long Bay Mauler
23rd Oct 2012, 03:43
Emirates are looking for someone in Perth.

Licensed Aircraft Engineer (Perth) with Emirates Airline & Group | 1401351237 (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401351237/licensed-aircraft-engineer-perth-/?deviceType=Desktop&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=1401351237&ProcessedTrackID=4023)

Might be worth a go. Not many Aussies haves B777. And the A380 starts next year, so lots of training in the wings.

aveng
23rd Oct 2012, 10:22
Only trouble with Emirates is that it is all back of the clock (nightshift)

airlineguy1980
23rd Oct 2012, 15:33
Chopper. I don't like to change cities often. I will take the jetstar option. Or if amsa up the scale

airlineguy1980
23rd Oct 2012, 16:03
Thanks for the other posters. Will have a good look at jetstar. The down side is b777 currency will be gone