PDA

View Full Version : BA 747 Twin seats Row 51

johno617tonka
17th Oct 2012, 00:41
any info on these seats?

just booked them for a flight back from Miami .. they seem ok with 'seat guru' and have had similar seats on other carriers which were ok ..

many thanks in anticipation

PAXboy
17th Oct 2012, 01:15
Should be fine - it's the very last row that is always not fine.

Just bear in mind that the flow of pax and crew down the aisle will be near constant, unless during meal times. Make sure that the aisle pax does not leave feet sticking out into the aisle!

johno617tonka
17th Oct 2012, 01:22
I've just been looking at a pic taken from the last row 53! and it shows quite a considerable gap between the seat and the sidewall for rows 51/52 ... hopefully can stretch legs into it!

there appears to be no galley behind just loo's with a lot of room near the door to stand ... i quite like to do that myself so won't begrudge others walking past to do the same etc...

thanks for the reply!

Hartington
17th Oct 2012, 08:58
The rear of a 747 can move around quite a lot in turbulence - they're known for it.

Mark in CA
17th Oct 2012, 10:40
Yes, there can be a lot of unpleasant yaw (side-to-side) movement back there. Remember, yaw and pitch are centered around the wings and then amplified by your distance from that point. Hence, the tail, being furthest away, experiences the greatest degree of movement. Sitting over the wing is the smoothest location because the yaw and pitch are minimal there.

Hotel Tango
17th Oct 2012, 11:03
Ditto Hartington's comment. Otherwise not bad seats to have.

PAXboy
17th Oct 2012, 21:10
ditto the A346 which is a looong tube.

Espada III
21st Oct 2012, 16:26
I frequently choose the penultimate row of a B747 as there is that large gap between the window seat and the wall of the aircraft. Into this gap you can put your handluggage or your feet. Great for the single passenger or a couple.

The only problem is that it takes forever to get off the plane.

Rollingthunder
21st Oct 2012, 20:38
How NOT TO stow hand luggage.

I always wait until everyone else is off the aircraft, mainly so I can thank the flight crew, who are usually clustered around fwd galley....polite bugger am I.

1DC
22nd Oct 2012, 03:13
Mrs 1DC and I were allocated those seats from LHR to HongKong and they were very good lots of space, we requested them on our next flight and got them. The next flight was very turbulent, very uncomfortable and the view of the fuselage movement looking up the aisle was enough for Mrs 1DC to say never again.

johno617tonka
26th Oct 2012, 02:05
thank you everyone for the comments!

maybe if it's a bumpy ride the fun police will agree to WT+ or even better next time lol