PDA

View Full Version : ATPL

sheronfrd
16th Oct 2012, 03:26
Can I do self study and Sit ATPL theory exam without start flying ? (I have PPL ). If so how can I find modules ? And past papers ? Thanks in advance

packo1848
16th Oct 2012, 08:43
Yes, as soon as you've got your PPL you can start the ATPL Theory, though I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) that there is a time limit on completing your CPL after finishing your exams. I chose Bristol.gs for my materials and so far am very happy with it (I'm sitting the module 1 exams next month), plus you get free access to their online question bank. There are others about, that a quick internet search will probably pull up.

Good Luck

RTN11
16th Oct 2012, 12:24
You need to do a registered course, either distance learning or residential. You can't just buy the books and do the study off your own back, you need to have actually done the course.

For distance learning Bristol Groundschool tend to come up on top, and they have an online question bank with past questions which you can get access to for something like £50 for 3 months.

There are plenty of residential course providers, typically taking 6 months to complete the whole lot.

Once you have the exams you have three years from the last exam to complete both CPL and IR, or they will expire.

mad_jock
16th Oct 2012, 12:46
I suspect the poster isn't talking about an EASA license.

sheronfrd
18th Oct 2012, 14:29
you mean EASA 66 ?? Thanks guys:ok:

raja_agarwal
19th Oct 2012, 21:57
I have chosen CATS in luton for ATPL distance learning classes. They are very good in pricing and good study materials