PDA

View Full Version : rejection of m1 visa/ finding a flying school

dhruvjoshi
15th Oct 2012, 06:49
hello, i applied for pilot training course (cpl) from a flying school in US. but i was refused a student visa (m1) from the us embassy under rule 214-B.. should i reapply again (after gathering proof of strong ties to my country ) or should i do my training from some other country like canada,or australia or from india itself...where do i get a flying school which provide good training and helps me complete my training at the earliest and is also cheap....??

L'aviateur
15th Oct 2012, 07:08
If your determined to goto the US for your training, it would be worth paying for a professional and approved immigration advisor who can guide you on the visa issues as they will be better placed to understand your situation and why you were denied.

billboard
15th Oct 2012, 08:57
It is not worth doing it abroad anymore. It works out to be cheaper in India. Conversion of license can be a big hassle later. Most of the people who train abroad take more than a year just to convert their licenses. Whatever energy and resources you will spend on trying to deal with things like visa and conversion can be better spent in trying to land a job.

If you have age on your side you can also try for Short Service Commission in the military services? It is quite difficult to find a job in the civilian sector.

Good Luck!

Fullblast
28th Oct 2012, 22:22
I had the visa refused twice, third time got it. Fourth time got as well.

Lokki
29th Oct 2012, 09:51
Rule 214B though a refusal, does not mean you can't reapply. Ideally though I'd go via an immigration advisor.

The advisor on the day may just have had a bad day (girl friend dumped him, didn't get laid, had to walk into work etc etc)..

I would reapply again with the help of an immigration advisor with supported documents etc..

stuckgear
29th Oct 2012, 17:59
you could consider Australia.. they understand cricket too.. :}

B2N2
29th Oct 2012, 19:51
Refusal of non-immigrant visa (http://www.immihelp.com/visas/refusal.html)

Seems pretty decent info, just in case you didn't come across this one yet.