PDA

View Full Version : turbine rating on cessna caravan

dirkk
10th Apr 2002, 20:40
Can anyone recommend where I could do a cessna caravan rating in Jo`burg? I have recently finished my CPL/IR (SA/CAA) but am a complete stranger in Jo`burg, any tips on where to do a rating, cost and how many hours one would expect to fly. I have heard of a deal including 300hrs flying time costing approx. 60,000rand! Lots of money, is it worth it? Also heard of a rating costing only 10,000rand. Can anyone shed some light on the situation? I am just trying to improve my chances of employment. Any tips would be much appreciated, also information on cheap accommodation in the Lanseria area.
Dirk:)

Flying Bean
12th Apr 2002, 17:19
Robbie Robinson 082 556 8705.
Takes 4 pilots at a time.
One day Ground School. One Day flying. About R7000.

Also highly recommended Francois Nordia 083 268 0777.

Also I think Russel Langely is doing conversions. 072 219 3658

Have not had direct experience yet. Going to Robbie next week, but I have interviewed loads of Caravan Pilots and these names crop up.

Good Luck

dirkk
12th Apr 2002, 19:08
Thanks Flying Bean

Info much appreciated, let me know how it goes.

Dirkk

Flying Bean
26th Apr 2002, 06:36
Please note that one of my crew is doing a conversion with Pretoria Flying School on Weds 1st May, so if you want to join us to save costs please phone Udo at 012 567 5124.

With regard to Robbies Course which I did last week end, I was very happy. 8 hours of Ground school with a very close look at the Tech manual with lots of useful tips not in the book.
Next day 4 of us in a very new, well equipped Caravan to Roodeport & Brits (for short field work). 1,8 hours each.
Cost per pilot less than R7000.
Very Satisfied.:) :) :)

Flying Bean
26th Apr 2002, 06:41
Please see Dirkk's post. Some of us want to share a conversion.:cool:

Vlamgat
15th May 2002, 08:27
:mad: :mad: :mad:

If ever you come across a guy by the name of ***********, do not even attempt to do your conversion with him. He Charges a whopping R12 000-00 and does not honour his side of the bargain

Check hom weer!!

whodunnit2
15th May 2002, 15:32
Dirkk,

I would recommend Robbie Robinson to anyone. I have never done a C208 conversion with him but he has done many aircraft conversions and Instrument renewals for me.

"Uncle Robbie" as he was affectionately known by the ex-Streamline pilots is great fun to fly with and always ensures that you learn.

Good luck.

Vlamgat
16th May 2002, 07:48
:D

I do agree Whole heartedly with Sir Whodunnit2 I will probably never test or convert with anyone else.

Pole it!!

Carrier
5th Mar 2003, 14:35
Does anyone have a current telephone number , address and email address for Robbie Robinson? I have tried the number given above but it is no longer in service.
Thanks.