PDA

View Full Version : GA incidents/accidents in 2001

akaSylvia
13th Oct 2012, 23:10
Hi again.

I'm writing another book. :\

I'm compiling a collection of 2001 aviation accidents and at the moment, it is heavily biased towards commercial flights. I'm looking for GA flights with multiple components or that have changed regulations or had a mystery that was cleared up. It should be unexpected in some way, not just "low-hour pilot flies into cloud and discovers mountain", because there's not a lot to discuss.

I'm happy with any country, as long as the accident report is available in English.

Any recommends?

Blues&twos
14th Oct 2012, 20:03
I may have missed something here, apologies if you've tried this already:

Air Accidents Investigation: Bulletins 2001 (http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/bulletins/bulletin_archive/bulletins_2001.cfm)

akaSylvia
14th Oct 2012, 22:50
Thanks - I've been going through them and the NTSB reports for the year and found some good ones there. It's easy to start scanning, though. So I just thought it was worth checking for some stand-out examples, although I know it is often hard to remember just what year a particular incident took place.

Commercially, 2001 seems to have been the year of collisions. GA was somewhat less exciting, thank goodness. :)

this is my username
15th Oct 2012, 13:08
Perhaps you might want to avoid using the word "plummet" again, it gets forumites very excited.

akaSylvia
16th Oct 2012, 09:02
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. :)