PDA

View Full Version : Northwest-KLM Alliance

shon7
10th Apr 2002, 19:47
Where can I look up the terms and conditions of the NWA-KLM alliance. Some say it is a merger or sorts others say its just a code-sharing agreement whereby the airlines have pooled together resources.

Any of you within NWA or KLM what is your take on this. Also did this NWA-KLM deal affect pilot seniority lists and positions in any manner?

tinyrice
11th Apr 2002, 04:16
Dont open this can o' worms.....................

seat 0A
11th Apr 2002, 07:20
It`s not a merger, but rather a close-cooperation.
Pilot`s seniority is not an issue, as the lists are not integrated.
There are some issues, however over code-shares. Concerns over Northwest doing AMS-Bombay operations (politically driven). Concerns over Northwest doing codeshares with Transavia(=80% KLM) on certain inter-European routes.
But nothing major, in general there is good contact between both pilot`s unions as well.

tinyrice
11th Apr 2002, 15:53
Its a marketing alliance, nothing more. There is no integration of any facet of either airlines' people or operations, they just share passengers and freight opportunities.

flapsforty
11th Apr 2002, 18:42
It is considerably more than a mere marketing alliance.

I believe it is the closest "bi-continental" partnership currently existing in commercial aviation.
Shon, if you are seriously interested, mail me and I will be happy to provide you with some more detailed and accurate info.