PDA

View Full Version : Number of Licences issued last year

Jugs08
12th Oct 2012, 14:09
According to the CAA around 1400 CPLs and IRs where issued last year on the same application now and 137 where re-validated or issued after havin your CPl. If we assume that the year previous the same number of CPLs where issued that would mean only 1/10 re-validated an IR about to expire.

So 9/10 either done their CPL and not there IR which doesn't seem right so the majority must have let it lapse, however if you found a job you would still need to validate your IR so where did the previous years people that where issued there Cpl and Ir at the same time go?

If 1400 cpl IRs are Issued yearly for everyone to remain current you would need 1400 re-validations for all of last years plus the cumulative effect of the years before. Now the only explanation is that the majority go on to get their ATPL? Can anyone else make light of these figures?

truckflyer
12th Oct 2012, 14:29
Seriously, you should spend your time on better things to think about!

Just think about this question for a moment yourself! I would be more worried about revising my ATPL's than analysing those numbers!

corpus callosum
12th Oct 2012, 15:00
I think the more interesting figure is the CPL aeroplane Aircraft rating issue. I assume that the multiengine rating is included in that 928 figure?

It would be nice to see a brake down of what ratings were issued, as that might be a better indicator of the job market for all you aspiring jet jocks?

Nearly There
12th Oct 2012, 15:17
Those who get a job dont need to renew/reval their single pilot I/R..

truckflyer
12th Oct 2012, 15:31
Also know lots of guys working as instructors, the do not renew every year, unless they can see there is some prospect of a job in the near /distant future!

MCDU2
12th Oct 2012, 17:48
Nice to find someone who actually does some research before getting into this industry. If more people did then they would work out that the chances of getting a job are remote at best.

truckflyer
12th Oct 2012, 18:07
Do you really think that will matter?

OP is doing research after completed training!
Still want stop people that they are the chosen ones!

cyrilroy21
12th Oct 2012, 18:42
How many of those CPL's issued have the right to live and work in the EU or the UK ?

PURPLE PITOT
12th Oct 2012, 18:51
Most, if not all!

Jugs08
15th Oct 2012, 16:05
So we are talking of 1000 UK issued licenses a year that either get jobs on dont renew? So the EU probably issues about 5-6k for a few hundred jobs?

PURPLE PITOT
15th Oct 2012, 16:37
Correct. The flying schools are making an absolute killing, as are the loco's.:ugh:

Jugs08
15th Oct 2012, 16:46
Why do people pay 100k for this opportunity?

PURPLE PITOT
15th Oct 2012, 16:50
I really have no idea! Somebody told then that it was the best investment, as they will get a job with easyjet.

PURPLE PITOT
15th Oct 2012, 16:51
It's not much in the grand scale of things, and everybody knows, all pilots earn @100k a year and drive porche's, and shag hosties. Don't they?:ugh:

Jugs08
15th Oct 2012, 18:34
Don't think so last time I checked.

Piltdown Man
17th Oct 2012, 17:18
...all pilots earn @100k a year and drive Porsche's, and shag hosties. Don't they?

Not me. I've got a 14 year old Renault Laguna.

spider_man
17th Oct 2012, 19:38
all pilots earn @100k a year and drive Porsche's, and shag hosties. Don't they?

10 years in and I earn 24k gross pA in UK (including basic, duty pay, sector pay), on a crappy seasonal contract flying Boeing around Europe. I cannot afford to own and run a car anymore - I now have a bus pass! This is with 1000s hours on boeing.

No company pension, loss of license, crew food, etc etc. No permanent contract so financial life totally frozen up. Glad I dont have a 120K training loan :ugh::ugh:Enjoy your flight!

PURPLE PITOT
17th Oct 2012, 22:54
Unfortunately sarcasm ( a british speciality in humour) does not translate well in the written word. I gave my life to my profession. I lost a family. I am at the top of the game, i earn a fortune. It will not replace what i have lost.

Torque Tonight
18th Oct 2012, 10:07
all pilots earn @100k a year and drive Porsche's, and shag hosties. Don't they?

One out of three is not bad.

No RYR for me
18th Oct 2012, 12:07
Correct. The flying schools are making an absolute killing, as are the loco's.

Absolutely: the guys at Cabair, PTC, Bonus to name a few make an absolute killing!

Eh sorry typo: the guys at Cabair, PTC, Bonus to name a few were killed in this great industry......

737RIDE
20th Oct 2012, 04:06
I really wish i did this kind of research when i was at PPL level, i would stop immediately with only few pounds loan instead of 100K thati have now and i'll never pay back ..... i have now more than 2000 in 737 NG , working in Crapy Sh.Hole in asia for a black listed p2f eaglejet airline ...

No chance to mooving on a better well paid airline so far.... !!! every year paycut, and lots of incoeming new cadets comeing trough EagleJet and California Falcon Aviation so i will loose this job as well sooner or later becouse there is no shortage of FO so far...

But really... i don't care anymore.... i'll come back in my country and sell sofas or cars for real money, it will be the end of this nightmare and back to a normal life...... if i work hard i'll be able to payback and live with my family and my friends...

I really wish i did my home work instead of listening to all those BS about "THE GREAT PILOT SHORTAGE" i found in the flight training and TR or line training providers websites !!! They are the real Scam !! the worst liars in this game.....

Even if they provides you with a FO seat you'll have no future after that.... becouse the real situation it's just that.... if you have to wait 6 months after you apply to EagleJet and then another 6 months to start 500 LT to get a 2 Yaer nightmare pinouts pay Contract with 50000 dollars penalty if you live, and they can fire you whenever they want with no warn or reason..... gives you an idea of waht we are now, unwanted stupid and not smart dreamers... this is what we are.....