PDA

View Full Version : Revalidating IR

JLMF
11th Oct 2012, 16:18
I have a query maybe you can help me with.

I have to revalidate my IR before 6/11/2012 (issued by the CAA, UK), I want to know if I can do it in a JAA school like there are some in Spain or it has to be in the UK.

Also which would be the process? The examiner signs my logbook or do I have to send some papers to the CAA?

Thank you for your help

BigGrecian
11th Oct 2012, 17:12
You can do it with any EASA / JAA authorised examiner to complete IR renewals.
However if it is a UK licence and non UK the examiner must have received the UK briefing as detailed under IN 2012/156 before they could examine you.

You say your in Miami - you could even do it in Florida!

Forms to CAA and if it has expired by more than 3 years (under new EASA regualations) you will need to pay the CAA as the examiner can't sign it if it's been more than 3 years - and if it is more than 3 years and you don't have an EASA licence they'll charge you for the licence conversion from JAR > EASA.

JLMF
11th Oct 2012, 17:26
I does not says "Renewal" , it says "Initial Issue" Isnīt it?

So the way to proceed is to send the CAA an email with all the details, and after that to send them the papers back .

i did not get it , sorry..

BigGrecian
12th Oct 2012, 12:11
So the way to proceed is to send the CAA an email with all the details, and after that to send them the papers back .

The CAA now operate a very strict policy that if you ask questions to which the answer is in the regulations they will not answer your question and will just refer you to the regulations so don't expect an answer.

You seem to be massivly over complicating the issue.

FCL 625 applies from
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2011:311:0001:0193:EN:PDF
and
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP804rfs.pdf

Read that - and drive up I95 and do any training required and the test.

If it has expired by more than 3 years the examiner cannot sign your rating page and the CAA must endorse the rating on your licence for which there is a fee.