PDA

View Full Version : PPL Training In East Yorkshire

cky88
11th Oct 2012, 11:29
HI,

I am considering starting PPL Training in the new year and would like some help on picking a good flying school near by.

If any one has any knowledge of the the area and/or has trained around here can you please give me some advice.

Thanks

Jaclarkson

Flyingmac
11th Oct 2012, 11:37
Hull Aero Club, Learn to fly in East Yorkshire - Take the first steps towards gaining your Private Pilots Licence (http://www.hullaeroclub.co.uk/)

Nice, friendly bunch.

flybymike
11th Oct 2012, 12:12
I believe there is also training available at Breighton these days.

Lagentium
11th Oct 2012, 16:44
The chaps at Beverley always seem nice when I'm there, Sandtoft is maybe a bit far for you and again Ray Price seems a top bloke, failing that there is sherburn in elmet where I fly from is spot on too, Ive never had any instruction at Beverley or Sandtoft but I can vouch for the instructors at Sherbs, well the two I had during my training anyway! Why not have a drive around them all one day and chat to the CFI? See how you feel in the atmosphere as they all seem different. You want to feel at ease as you will be spending a few bob there.

Cheers, Jim:ok:

ak7274
11th Oct 2012, 17:04
Full Sutton?

sapperkenno
11th Oct 2012, 21:00
I would recommend York Flying School at Breighton. They have people who come from Lancashire and South Yorkshire to learn to fly there, as they are reasonably priced and don't believe in ripping anyone off. If Breighton is on your doorstep (you don't say where in E Yorks you are) then it would definitely be worth you having a look.
Also, with Breighton not having any controlled airspace or landing fees etc, you're not getting messed around leaving/entering a zone or MATZ each sortie. You can just take-off, climb out and get on with learning to fly.

marioair
11th Oct 2012, 21:17
I live in beverley but ended up choosing Frank Morgans Flyings school at Humberside Airport.

Yes it further afield and yes you have to pay the bridge crossing but its a great school and also you get the experience of a larger airfield whilst still doing alot of your training from Linley Hill (Beverley) airfield

B47
12th Oct 2012, 22:28
Choosing your instructor is as important as the school. The larger the outfit, the more likely you are to have a mixture of instructors.

You will not do better than Cas Smith at Full Sutton.

7of9
12th Oct 2012, 23:49
EGCF Sandtoft, give this some thought.

Sandtoft Flying Club - - EGCF, Sandtoft Airfield, Doncaster (http://www.sandtoftflyingclub.co.uk)

trev

md 600 driver
13th Oct 2012, 07:55
My vote goes to Breighton and York flying school nice lot of instructors and really friendly airfield

MY son is training there now

timewhite
14th Oct 2012, 17:42
I revalidated at Full Sutton a few years ago and would thoroughly recommend it. Agree with post above re Cas Smith, he's one of the nicest folk I've met in aviation.

cky88
14th Oct 2012, 19:49
Thanks for all the advice, I am actually going over to breighton next Sunday to meet with the cfi of York flying school! I'll keep you posted with how it goes!

Rich_B
2nd Nov 2012, 23:04
Another vote for York Flying School. I'm currently doing my PPL with them, can't recommend them highly enough.