PDA

View Full Version : simulator

sheronfrd
11th Oct 2012, 05:01
Can I gain hours on a320 sim , once I get my cpl done ? Will it helpful to join airline if I get 200 hours on A320 simulator ? How much will it cost ?

RemoveB4Flght
11th Oct 2012, 07:27
Number one, that would be very, very expensive as a 320 simulator plus instructor would cost 500-800 dollars an hour or more.

Second, despite the sim being a recognized substitute for the real aircraft for training and landing currency, and many of us having sweated in it more than a few times, it is not a substitute for line flying experience.

I have never heard of an airline waiving time on type in lieu of an absurd amount of simulator time, and I don't see this as a viable (or cost effective) way of skipping to the head of the line at a hiring airline.

taxistaxing
11th Oct 2012, 08:00
Might be wrong but in order for the time logged to 'count' towards anything, i.e. synthetic flight time towards ATPL issue, wouldn't you first need to do MCC and type rating as the A320 is a multi-crew aircraft? Therefore what benefit would expensive A320 sim time give you over and above p1 time in an SEP? Given that the DA42 sim my local school uses for the IR costs more per hour than a 'real' PA28, I hate to think how much a A320 sim would cost!