PDA

View Full Version : Taking a baby on a plane

L4key
10th Oct 2012, 17:44
Quick question, and I did try to search but to no avail;

My wife is taking our son (4 months old) on MON to AGP tomorrow and I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on baby care in flight.

I'm mainly worried about the descent and pressure change. I used to get quite affected as nipper but for the last 20 years never really had a problem. How much of this is due to improvements in the cabin pressure system on descending and how much is just about the young being more susceptible?

Someone has already suggested getting a bottle ready as the sucking helps reduce the effect, much like the old boiled sweets they used to distribute back in the day. Anything else likely to help? Or in general to watch out for?

Thanks in advance.

Gibon2
10th Oct 2012, 18:48
Everything you need is here:

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/488721-advice-new-mum-alone-long-haul-flight.html

Having a bottle ready to suck is the key for avoiding problems on take-off and descent.

Best of luck to your wife and son - at that age, it will most likely go smoothly.

L4key
10th Oct 2012, 19:01
Thanks Gibon2, very helpful. Obviously didn't search well enough.

Mods feel free to move/merge :ok:

Capot
14th Oct 2012, 11:11
If she's flying Easyjet she should keep a tight hold on the infant in case he's mistaken for the First Officer..............

Cyber Bob
14th Oct 2012, 11:19
Having a liitle un means you turn right on boarding doesn't it - Ouch!!!

All the best with that one

CB

Hotel Tango
14th Oct 2012, 15:01
If she's flying Easyjet she should keep a tight hold on the infant in case he's mistaken for the First Officer..............

Nearly made me spill my coffee, especially after seeing the young lass F/O on an EZY at DUS the other day. She wasn't bad looking though ;)