PDA

View Full Version : B777 EK Capt. Money Pocket

Mr.White
10th Oct 2012, 16:25
Hi There

I would like to know how much money can make a B777 EK Capt monthly, Im just talking about paycheck or money Pocket in US Dollars in average month.

Thanks for your time, best regards

Mr.White

flaphandlemover
10th Oct 2012, 16:32
Hi three?
Why not four or eight?

First of all. If you ask such a question, please introduce yourself.

Whats your Name?
Are you married? Do you have kids?
Name of the Kids.
Name of the animals living with you.
What car are you driving?
Do you have a boat?
Which brand of vacuum cleaner are you using?
Do you have an insurance... also state the number.
Whats your current income and last but not least. State your address and tel number.

I am sure answers will be given then..:ugh:

CAYNINE
10th Oct 2012, 17:16
Or is it MRS White........

Sonny Hammond
10th Oct 2012, 17:27
Or is it Walter White??

Capt. Flamingo
10th Oct 2012, 19:46
Pocket money around 3500 (three thousand five hundred) bucks, FOs qualify for food stamps.

Hope it helps....

Joking aside, I think MR. White is not someone's exwife trying to score a fat paycheck.

Good luck

Mr.White
11th Oct 2012, 13:16
Just a simple question/simple answer

Im a 35 years old B767 Capt married with 2 children looking for a better life for me and my family.

First I need to know how much money is making an EK Capt to see if its worthy move my all family to The sand pit.

I have check on EK web page basic salary is around 11k USD, but I wanna know about extra flight time pay, per diem, etc.

I guess should be around 13k, but wanna confirm, thats all

Best Regards

SOPS
11th Oct 2012, 13:29
Its all on the website last time I checked.

groundtoflightdeck
11th Oct 2012, 13:33
35 and a 767 CA! Good for you! The ek pilot website had all the dirt. For the entry jobs it's laid out very well including salary and benefits. Good luck

Mr.White
11th Oct 2012, 13:42
Tks for your answer, I know basic is 11k on EK web page, but wanna know about extra flight time pay, Per diem, etc. All The cash you get monthly, around 13k?

Regards

vfenext
11th Oct 2012, 14:49
ICAO English level 6????

Mr.White
11th Oct 2012, 16:37
Affirm! Level 6

GMC1500
11th Oct 2012, 20:07
Sounds like an ex wife's lawyer looking to maximize his client's support payments.

Mr.White
11th Oct 2012, 23:47
What happen to you guys? Its just a simple question of a pilot looking for a better life, or you want me to go to The sand pit for less money?

Im right now at JFK, lástima night I land on 4R, vacate bay FB with 143000Kgs below 145149kgs Máx LNDG Weight for The 767-300ER and JFK Appx freq. Was 127.4 as always.

Turbulent speed on 767-300ER is 290 Kias/ .78 Mach wichewer is lowest.

Do you think my wife know that kind of details?

I do y know what you have done to your wife, but knock, knock is your wife and is looking for you!

millerscourt
12th Oct 2012, 07:58
Nice one Senor Blanco:ok:

fliion
12th Oct 2012, 15:14
Tell you what Mr White...you tell us what number is the sweet spot for you to come and then we will tell you if you can make it here.

Then you can move on to the next challenge of getting an offer, making it through training (2 DECs gone already)... And then handling 45+ yr old FOs who have been doing it longer than you & have served their dues in the "sand pit" six years more than you ... All the while speaking English properly.

Number $ ?

f.

donpizmeov
12th Oct 2012, 15:28
For the EK employment website.

Competitive Tax Free Basic Salary
Salaries for all Emirates employees are benchmarked against relevant industries, and are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure they remain competitive
• Captain: Monthly Salary Dhs 41,240 (Basic Salary plus Hourly Flying Pay based on 85 block hours per month).
• First Officer: Monthly Salary Dhs 29,145 (Basic Salary plus Hourly Flying Pay based on 85 block hours per month).

If you fly 85hrs you get that amount. If you have leave they still cram the 85hrs into the remaining days at work for the month so you would probably get that amount. :}

Per diem is f@ck all, and will be all gone with a beer and a burger. So don't plan on them to supplement your salary.

The FOs are a good bunch. All joined knowing that EK hired DECs so will have no axe to grind.

the Don.

Mr.White
12th Oct 2012, 20:28
Fliion

I understand that EK FO's does not want DEC's in EK, but this is not about who is better or who deserves the left seat of a B777 at EK, this is all about EK needs and what they want, not you or me.

I see your point about flying with a 45 years FO when your younger, I have been B767 Capt since Im 30 and Know what to do, it's all about maturity and respect your buddy at the right seat and be professional, tks for the advise, but know what to do.

If EK gives me the chance, I would fight for it because I deserve it since I had to
back away my family, friend and country for flying when I was 23 and now its my moment, you would have yours too.

Best regards

Mr.White
12th Oct 2012, 20:33
The Don

Tks for the info, as I say before flying with an older FO is about maturity, respect and professionalism and Im sure there is plenty of it at EK.

Best regards

InnocentBystander
12th Oct 2012, 21:14
I see your point about flying with a 45 years FO when your younger, I have been B767 Capt since Im 30 and Know what to do, it's all about maturity and respect your buddy at the right seat and be professional, tks for the advise, but know what to do.

You might want to leave that attitude at home.

Apply, ask the questions about adequate salary and benefits during the interview, see if your offered the position and then decide.

diakon
13th Oct 2012, 08:23
He asked a fair question and I don't Know if his nationality has something to do with the matter.
I don't mind if White comes from Chile, Spain or Mars but i wish him good luck as a fellow pilot.

Mr.White
13th Oct 2012, 11:21
Wow diakon!

Tks so much for your comment, Good luck to you buddy.

Best regards

fatbus
13th Oct 2012, 11:31
The total number of DEC's this time around will be @ 60, any of the 45 year old FO should realize that 60 Dec is not going to change their own upgrade plan by very much, unless, they have failed the upgrade already and are bitter about that and are now taking it out on DEC applicants. They (EK FO's) have to also realize that they can do nothing about how the company is/will man the planes, this should not be news to anyone. Good luck to all those that apply DEC and DEFO. Cant wait for the bitching when the DEFO 380 starts.

halas
13th Oct 2012, 15:11
I think what many early posters were attempting to say was that many ex-wives lawyers may use this forum to establish an expected payout/maintenance/income from their ex's.
So please don't be so sensitive to react to words like.. MONEY
Especially when you use the term "pocket money" in the title of your post.

halas

SOPS
13th Oct 2012, 15:28
Halas, I think his term was money pocket which makes not a lot of sense when read in context

Mr.White
14th Oct 2012, 11:33
Fatbus

Totally agree, is not on people needs, is all about on EK needs and the maturity of the pilot on the right side.

Mr.White
14th Oct 2012, 11:48
halas

People listen what they wanna listen......or may be because they run from their exwife, everyone has to run. It was just a simple question that people become paranoid without a reason.

You talk about "money pocket" or "pocket money", as pilots we know different cultures around the world, and what is good here is bad there, so we should open our minds and dont take things out of the context, just a simple question.

Elgatovolador
14th Oct 2012, 12:24
Quote:

vfenext ICAO English level 6????

So...... That means that you need level 6 ONLY to join EK?????:ooh:

littlejet
14th Oct 2012, 12:34
here's a simple question. How come, you don't have a single friend or colleague out of 3500+ pilots in EK to ask about lifestyle, living conditions, pay etc. Why are you surprised that nobody believes your post to be genuine?

Mr.White
14th Oct 2012, 14:12
Littlejet

Who says I dont have a friend flying in EK ? I do have, whats the point? Dont mix apples and rocks! Grow up!

Base on the way you think, your simple question and the friends we all have around the globe....... Pilot forums wont exits!

littlejet
14th Oct 2012, 14:59
Your question was super exact. It was:

I would like to know how much money can make a B777 EK Capt monthly, Im just talking about paycheck or money Pocket in US Dollars in average month.

For me, forum isn't a place I would look for the answer.

White Knight
14th Oct 2012, 16:49
Does it really matter anyway if it's someone's spouse or their lawyer? It's not top secret information is it? Anyone can find out one way or the other!

yardman
15th Oct 2012, 13:04
Mr White,

In addition to the basic salary add 60dhs per flying hour for captains and 45dhs for FOs up to the overtime threshold. It ceases then and O/T kicks in. The threshold is so high though, that I mostly try to NOT get overtime because my health and quality of life are more important than a few pieces of silver. Hope this answers your question.

Yardman

halas
15th Oct 2012, 16:50
Have flown with many a colleague who has a snitch (buddy/ex-buddy) advising their "opponents" lawyers on the individual rosters, leave etc so that per diems, productivity pay, even the cost of the chauffeur drive to work and back along with dry cleaning, staff travel benefits........

ALL add up to a pay-out to the ex.

It's not public.

halas

falconeasydriver
16th Oct 2012, 06:10
Have flown with many a colleague who has a snitch (buddy/ex-buddy) advising their "opponents" lawyers on the individual rosters, leave etc so that per diems, productivity pay, even the cost of the chauffeur drive to work and back along with dry cleaning, staff travel benefits........

If that were true, then I'd be one of those individuals that would have a "quiet" word with said snitch, offering to perhaps enhance their appearance.
Regarding the dreaded divorce lawyer, the onus is on the plaintiff to prove said monies..even in countries where the divorce laws are heavily weighted in the favor of the femail.
The simplest way to avoid a messy payout is to keep it in your pants, thus avoiding more than 50% liability for the breakdown of the relationship, but then again, wheres the fun in that? :E

fatbus
16th Oct 2012, 12:59
The total package is of public record! Children grow up!

fliion
16th Oct 2012, 15:59
.....and on the subject of children ...our newest DEC is young enough to be mine!

; >

f

kneebrace
16th Oct 2012, 16:48
Ok fliion, that's funny!!:D

archer_737
16th Oct 2012, 18:18
yes it is! :ok::ok:

Saltaire
17th Oct 2012, 04:26
Have to agree Fliiion. What is that about? Sorry, but early 30's and worldly experience with thousands of relative command hours? I don't see it...

falconeasydriver
17th Oct 2012, 05:48
Have to agree Fliiion. What is that about? Sorry, but early 30's and worldly experience with thousands of relative command hours? I don't see it...

My last lot a had a good deal of old gits in it, mostly in training, that said we had a couple of guys in their late 20's who were damn fine TRE's
Age is just a number once you get above 26 or so, it really comes down to attitude.
Sticks in my craw though:hmm:

Kernow 101
17th Oct 2012, 05:56
but I'm embarrassed FOR him, and for those who chose this path.

Why??

If you were outside EK and wanted to join as DEC and had the mins would you not have applied?

ManaAdaSystem
17th Oct 2012, 10:08
He passed everything EK threw at him, and now they have a captain who will serve for 30-ish years. Insh Allah! Smart choice.

How many years do you think is needed for an EK DEC?

TakeItEasy
17th Oct 2012, 17:50
I would like to ask a simple question from a EK Captain.

How many off days do you have normally per year (01.Jan-31.Dec). I mean, REAL off days in DXB that is shown on your schedule?