PDA

View Full Version : 7 Flight AAC History

Red_Phos
10th Oct 2012, 10:46
Hello all,

Some of you may remember I was on here about a year ago asking for help producing a history of 'British Aviation in Belize' and in particular 25 Flight AAC...well I clearly I need my head examined as I have volunteered to do the same thing for 7 Flight AAC!!!

So this is a request for anything anyone may have! Stories, pictures etc etc anything which may help bring to life the history of this independent Army Aviation Unit.

I was overwhelmed by the response I had for information on British Aviation in Belize so I hope PPRuNe can once again help me out of this self dug hole!!!!!!

Many thanks in advance

Red

opfixclear
10th Oct 2012, 19:44
I was a crewman at 7 Flt from 1982 - 1985. I have loads of photographs (mainly black and white) of the wall and DDR/Soviet installations and AFVs. I also took plenty during the October Day Parades in East Berlin.
Still have one of Hitler's Bunker which was in no-mans land near the Brandenburg Gate.
Having said that, all the photographs were copies from Bill's darkroom and are probably on file somewhere in the archives. I still have an old BTD signed and stamped by the Russian border guards.
I'll have a trawl through my boxes at the weekend and see what I can come up with.

blind pue
10th Oct 2012, 21:18
Red

You could try the Armyaviation.com web site and look at 7 Flight AAC, there should be guys that were in Berlin that can help.

MightyGem
10th Oct 2012, 22:02
opfixclear. Remember it well. :ok: