PDA

View Full Version : TRE IRR

nick14
10th Oct 2012, 07:51
Hello all,

I have been briefed by my competent authority regarding part FCL. A few interesting points came to light, one being that a TRE can conduct IR renewal/revalidations provided they hold an IR(A).

My question is can a TRE sim only, with an IRI and the requirements for an IRE satisfied, conduct IR renewal/revalidation checks on sp aircraft?

Is this privilege to give SPHPCA examiners the ability to conduct IR tests, and not intended for MPA examiners?

500 above
10th Oct 2012, 11:43
I'd be interested to find out if this applies for multi pilot aircraft examiners. Can anyone quote the reference?

Above The Clouds
10th Oct 2012, 12:39
Nick14
A few interesting points came to light, one being that a TRE can conduct IR
renewal/revalidations provided they hold an IR(A).

I am a TRI/TRE both sim and aircraft and to hold that rating you have to have a valid IR so not sure about your statement above.

My question is can a TRE sim only, with an IRI and the requirements for an
IRE satisfied, conduct IR renewal/revalidation checks on sp aircraft?

No, sim only means just that.

nick14
10th Oct 2012, 13:08
Most of the TRE's at my company do not have an IR for SPA and hence would not be able to test for it.

S-Works
10th Oct 2012, 13:34
You will require a seperate approval to conduct IR tests on SPA. This as a CRE/IRRE approval and is tested by the CAA in a SPA aircraft.

The idea of adding IRRE to TRE for HPA is so that you can revalidate the IR on type. As I understand it, it confers no other privileges.